VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Re: Where to mount a CD Changer?? (MAtkisson)

Not to be a smartypants (did I just write that? Must be too much SpongeBob...) but in my Jetta it fit really well under the parcel shelf...
I've seen some nice installs in the back corner of the cargo compartment; it's fairly easy also to make a box for it from 1/2" MDF ($4 at Lowes) and cover with black or matching auto carpet ($14 at walmart). Stash a custom Sub enclosure on the other side and you're golden.
It MAY be possible to install a small changer in/behind the console with the changer facing the pasenger's feet, but it gets awfully hot in there with the heat on.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: Where to mount a CD Changer?? (jamaicula)

If it's a 6-CD changer I would mount it in the glovebox. It a nice fit in there, no one could see it and you can lock the glovebox making your CD-changer very safe!

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Where to mount a CD Changer?? (Estonian)

quote:[HR][/HR]If it's a 6-CD changer I would mount it in the glovebox. It a nice fit in there, no one could see it and you can lock the glovebox making your CD-changer very safe![HR][/HR]​
I was thinking of mounting it there, but there is no room. My 92 GTI has a tiny glove box, so I took it out completely and the hole is not close to being deep enough.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Re: Where to mount a CD Changer?? (Estonian)

quote:[HR][/HR]If it's a 6-CD changer I would mount it in the glovebox. It a nice fit in there, no one could see it and you can lock the glovebox making your CD-changer very safe![HR][/HR]​
You don't honestly think that a VW glovebox is safe do you? I got my stereo stolen from my '86 golf. I had nothing of importance in the glovebox, but had it locked anyway. The thing was busted WIDE open. Now I NEVER lock the glovebox. They want in, they'll get in. I say DO NOT put it in the glovebox, and unless you feel like doing some MAJOR cosmetic work on your dash after a theft, leave it unlocked.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Re: Where to mount a CD Changer?? (MAtkisson)

Here is a pic of where I mounted my 6 disc changer in my GTI.

I now have a "CD changer glove" black carpet cover on it and it blends in very nice. I don't have a current pic of that though. It is nice and out of the way and doesn't take up any room.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.