VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one with a mk6 gli using paddle valves for there kit. I'm trying to figure out a place to mount my switches at in my car that isn't going to look retarded. If you have pictures of you setup please post thanks.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Not a MK6, but you could do this also...if you look closely you can see mine are right where my left leg would be on the kick panel. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Just mount em in the ashtray with the gauges recessed behind it. Youd need to fab something up. There really isnt any other spot i could think of to put it unless youd wanna stick em in the armest somehow

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a MK6, but you could do this also...if you look closely you can see mine are right where my left leg would be on the kick panel. :thumbup:

Yeah I was thinking maybe on the panel that covers my fuse box.

Just mount em in the ashtray with the gauges recessed behind it. Youd need to fab something up. There really isnt any other spot i could think of to put it unless youd wanna stick em in the armest somehow
That was my first thought but I don't want to cut up my pocket and then have to replace it cause it didn't fit but ill probably try it anyways. Have you seen anyone with a mk6 gli that has done that and had pictures.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Yeah I was thinking maybe on the panel that covers my fuse box.

That was my first thought but I don't want to cut up my pocket and then have to replace it cause it didn't fit but ill probably try it anyways. Have you seen anyone with a mk6 gli that has done that and had pictures.
youd prob be the first mk6 gli with paddles. make sure if you do go with paddles the spot isnt too small cuz it s a sh*t ton of airline

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
youd prob be the first mk6 gli with paddles. make sure if you do go with paddles the spot isnt too small cuz it s a sh*t ton of airline
I pulled out that pocket and there is a good amount of room down there so I may give it a shot. And I don't mind being the first to do something. Lol.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm going to do paddlevalves on my mk6, non GLI, and I want to cut out the 5 fake buttons that are in front of the shifter and fab something to make them go there, and have 2 gauges inside the cubby. Nowhere else in the interior has really seemed a decent place to put the paddles.

I thought about getting rid of one cup holder, not really practical though.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to do paddlevalves on my mk6, non GLI, and I want to cut out the 5 fake buttons that are in front of the shifter and fab something to make them go there, and have 2 gauges inside the cubby. Nowhere else in the interior has really seemed a decent place to put the paddles.

I thought about getting rid of one cup holder, not really practical though.
Yeah I already cut the holes for the paddle valves in the cubby all I have left is mounting the gauges. If you make something for those blanks let me know how it turns out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts