VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I thought I saw a post not too long ago that went into fog light wiring, but I couldn't find it in searching..
I have my fog lights mounted, but was wondering what everyone thought is the better way to route the wires into the van.
I have read that you can run it up through the spare tire carrier area, but also wondered if I could just run the wires in through the grommet that the headlight wires go in, and then reseal the grommet with some RTV or something like that...
Any advice/suggestions is/are appreciated.
Chris

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Where to route fog light wiring on a T3/Vanagon? (Ceeberjeebers)

[IMGhttp://www.mydubmedia.com/gallery/albums/Ceebers/100_0917_001.sized.jpg[/IMG]
I ended up running the wires up the gap in front left corner of the van, behind the turn signal lens, and then removed the headlamp grommet and used a silicone lube to fish the fog light wiring through the grommet, and to reinstall the grommet as well.
I installed the relay behind the headlight, in a water-resistant enclosure.
The fog lights in the lower grill work well! I had to fabricate some mounts that came off the frame, but never the less they are positioned correctly, and suppliment the weak headlamps like a charm.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Where to route fog light wiring on a T3/Vanagon? (Ceeberjeebers)

Looks good. So how did you end up wiring it?
I'm also curious about how you mounted the lights. Careful of those driveways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts