VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im very sure that my 95 cl never had a remote hatch release, but the thing is, there's no release in the glovebox or behind the centre console like on my buddies 96 jetta gl. every time i want to get somthing out of the back i need to open it with the key! Do i have some sort of "secret" button that i don't know about??
please help me, this is annoying!

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Re: where's my hatch release?????? (ColinSutra)

no. you have to use the key. CL's are bare bones cars and don't have many features, including a hatch release.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: where's my hatch release?????? (kreuzer)

kind of weird that it would have the added luxury of a sunroof, but no damn hatch release

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Re: where's my hatch release?????? (ColinSutra)

That's strange because our departed CDN model, Jetta 1.8 CL had a trunk release in the glove compartment and the only option we had was a power sunroof. It's weird how the buttons moved around from the different models and years, evolution I guess. Also there was no side airbag and the glove compartment was right in the dash as opposed to bottom of the dash.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Well just to let you know that you are not alone out there, i have a 1998 VR6 and i dont have a trunk release either i also have to open the trunk from the outside, I was told SA models never had that option at all, I am thinking of getting the parts required with i come over to the states on Friday.. hope i can find them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts