VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
Re: wheres this d#$% suitcase handle??? (veedub12vr6)

go to your local exhaust shop (Meineke, Midas) and tell them that you want to cut of a mid-muffler and have a straight pipe put in there. Once they lift it up youll see a big friggin muffler right in front of the rear axle, looks like a suitcase. that's what you want to get rid off, thing is heavy too. you can get rid of the hot dog too while at it.

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
Re: wheres this d#$% suitcase handle??? (AndrewVR6)

The muffler is actually quite good, not bad for OEM part. Thing is it sounded funny in the morning when you start it up at cold start, sounded like a farm tractor.

It only lasts few minutes, till that secondary pump or whatever works at cold start up dont shut down then it just quiets down and sounds nice at idle. it sounded quite good without the mid-muffler (suitcase) and the resonator (hot dog) but then I got a good deal on thermal R&D cat back so I got that now, and the gutted kitty.

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
Re: wheres this d#$% suitcase handle??? (BiH)

ohh, forgot to add, you prolly wont be able to do it yourself, you need to bend the pipe, unless you get a whole bunch of pieces and weld them together or sumtin. It only costed me around $50-60 to have it done at muffler shop. it was money well spent. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,611 Posts
Re: wheres this d#$% suitcase handle??? (ToughGuy)

dunno, I switched to thermal R&D cat back before I had to take emissions test so cant really say for sure, but I think it will pass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.