VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Re: wheres this d#$% suitcase handle??? (_GoatPunishment_)

by suitcase you mean the muffler ?? and im guessing the hotdog would be the Catalytic converter right ?? I thoght you are able to unscrew the muffler off and get a straight pipe put in ? does it need to be sawed off ? Im asking cuz im thinking of doing this myself at home, im waiting to buy this thing that has diagrams of the mk3 first. But i thoght the muffler(the suitcase) is connected by screws to the pipe and i was actually hoping the same for the cat(hotdog). Does anyone know where i can get some diagrams of the exhaust system ?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Re: wheres this d#$% suitcase handle??? (ssvr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Here's a "crude" diagram of what you're dealing with.

Steve[HR][/HR]​
wow that thing looks big, is this euro setup ?? Im not sure if ive seen that on any car before, my other car just had the Resonator and a muffler(actually 2), is the suitcase a standard ?? One other question, if i take out the suitcase and resonator and leave the muffler does it still sound good ? i like the look of the muffler, it probably impeds airflow tho right ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.