VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: Which 3" exhaust to compliment APR Stage 3? And intake? (spydor)

See if APR will cut you a deal on their turboback system. It's 2.5" but very good. Otherwise, call Forced Motion and see if their 3" system components will work. Does the APR Stg. III come with a downpipe?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Which 3" exhaust to compliment APR Stage 3? And intake? (spydor)

Yes looked at forced motion. Hmmmmm to bad APR's cat goes to a 2.5. Forced motion isn't really that bad on the wallet either. Looks like Forced motion, huh?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Which 3" exhaust to compliment APR Stage 3? And intake? (9VW23yrs)

APR themselves recomend a 2.5" cat-back to go with the stage III kit. And, since they designed, developed and tuned the kit, I would tend to belive them. I am running the Eurosport cat-back on mine and will continue to do so when my kit goes in.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: Which 3" exhaust to compliment APR Stage 3? And intake? (Foxman)

quote:[HR][/HR]APR themselves recomend a 2.5" cat-back to go with the stage III kit. And, since they designed, developed and tuned the kit, I would tend to belive them. I am running the Eurosport cat-back on mine and will continue to do so when my kit goes in.[HR][/HR]​
Of course, they also market a 2.5" system, which does make you wonder...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Which 3" exhaust to compliment APR Stage 3? And intake? (dbrowne1)

quote:[HR][/HR]Of course, they also market a 2.5" system, which does make you wonder...[HR][/HR]​
That is a valid point, but, since they do produce a 2.5" cat-back system, they more than likely used it in the tuning/R&D process of the stage III kit. Thus they would have tuned the kit to perform optimally with a 2.5" exhaust system. That's the way I would do it.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Re: Which 3" exhaust to compliment APR Stage 3? And intake? (Foxman)

quote:[HR][/HR]Of course, they also market a 2.5" system, which does make you wonder...
That is a valid point, but, since they do produce a 2.5" cat-back system, they more than likely used it in the tuning/R&D process of the stage III kit. Thus they would have tuned the kit to perform optimally with a 2.5" exhaust system. That's the way I would do it.[HR][/HR]​
Their 2.5" turboback was R&Ded on a car with a stock K03 turbo, and they'd need to compare it to a 3" on a stg. III car to really know. Also, I think Stg. III was developed and released before their exhaust.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Re: Which 3" exhaust to compliment APR Stage 3? And intake? (dbrowne1)

Since I know several people that work at APR, I will call them and ask tommorow. Or maybe one of them will read this post and shed some light on the subject, I am kind of curious about this now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.