VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which car alarm do you guys recommend, I'm looking at the Clifford Arrow G4 series? Is that a good pick, how much should I expect to pay for installation? Thanks

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Re: which alarm (JoeandhisMachine)

dude..the Clifford Arrow is way too over rated....i can get you a Clifford Matrix for like half the price...and with power door lock stuff..like actuators and all...and ill will guide you into installing it yourself.>VERY VERY EASY..ANY ALARM is easy....ill even send you the schematics for your car. Im a certified installer here at Best Buy in NYC and this is what i do everyday pretty much. the key to a good alarm is not the kind you buy..ill tell your rite now..all alarms are pretyt much the same...what sells is the brand name..believe me...the key is the WAY YOU INSTALL it...you can have a $1200 dollar alarm system...if you have it ziptied like above your pedals..where most people install them....then what good is that when someone comes and clips the power to it? even with an ignition kill..your car will still be able to be started once the power wire for the alarm is clipped..which in like 98% of the time..is RED on alarm modules..all alarms..so how hard is it to look under the steering column...look for the module..and clip a red wire? not hard at all...i have my alarm behind my driver side REAR door panel..ever think a thief will think of looking there for the alarm? i also have a battery back up..he can TAKE the battery with him if he likes...the alarm wont shut off....and as far as clipping the wire for the siren...the siren is behind my fender...you cant find the wire for it either;....and i have a decent DEI Sidewinder 5000 alarm nothing special...starter kill..keyless entry....i also have a perimiter sensor...you can walk near my car...nothing..but if u STAND in the specified perimeter for too long..the alarm will go off....i got all this real cheap at my cost....so pick up a cheap alarm with the features you need..and let me know if u need help..or just IM me or something if you want me to hook you up with a good deal on an alarm package...good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.