VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,313 Posts
There is no aux input with the stock Monsoon system. About the only way to get it to work would be to run an input to the cd changer harness located above the amp, or use the old trusty cassette adapter.

Check out Enfig's site for more solutions albeit pricey. Same thing with the spec dock solution as well.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you are speaking about the factory Monsoon unit then I would recommend the Blitzsafe unit from Enfig Car Stereo. I have it, love it - works on all iPhones (1st-4th gen) and I have no doubt it will work on my iPad too (just haven't tried it). Easy to install, not too expensive and pretty good quality.

With the Blitzsafe unit you control the music via the iPhone/iPod (all you do is set the Monsoon to "cd changer" input) vs controlling music from the headunit (which can be a real pain in the ...). Another nice feature is that it will charge your device.

This is the model I went with: http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/VW_MLINK1_5.html (has the dock connector and therefore charges the devices) - but you can also get a model with just auxiliary jacks.

The only downside I can say is that every time you plug in the device it gives you a compatibility warning but you just hit ok and it goes away (most of the aftermarket units out there do this, and its really not a big deal at all).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
I'd just rip out that junk stock head unit and buy something good :D
The easiest way to make your stock speakers sound better is a head unit, I swapped mine out with an Avic-D3 and the stock speakers sound 10x better now. Don't need to spend all the money for a D3 either, just a nice head unit with aux/ipod compatibility and tons more functionality. You can get bluetooth as well built in to many of the new ones and run the iphone right through that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd just rip out that junk stock head unit and buy something good :D
The easiest way to make your stock speakers sound better is a head unit, I swapped mine out with an Avic-D3 and the stock speakers sound 10x better now. Don't need to spend all the money for a D3 either, just a nice head unit with aux/ipod compatibility and tons more functionality. You can get bluetooth as well built in to many of the new ones and run the iphone right through that.
thanks so much, good idea.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.