VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-
A friend of mine is considering a venture to be the online distributor of a local tire store. Anyhow, he would like to know which brands of tires you all prefer to get an idea of what he should carry. Please post brand and model. Thanks very much in advance. Cheers, PJ (WMP)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Re: Which brand tire do you prefer? (theblur)

sorry to say but most people want performance and low cost in one which is kind of hard to do. some good compramises are the yokohamas and the falkens. when I worked at a wheel shop the only tires I would ever sell were the kumho ecsta's because we sold them for $40 a peice for 17's. people didnt care if they performed well or not. It was mostly honda's and dsm's though. the kumhos by the way were junk, we'd get about 3 people a week coming back with them bubbled up or blown out from like 2 weeks of driving. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Banned
3,312 Posts
Re: Cool (WMP)

bridgestone Potenza S03 Pole Position...
...but unless pricing can meet tirerack, I doubt you'll get too many folks buying..

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Re: Which brand tire do you prefer? (WMP)

Toyo T1-S, Bidgestone Potenza S-03PP, Dunlop SP8000 (less expensive than the others, but a very good tire none-the-less), Yoko AVS series (ES100, Sport, etc ...)
Nokian Hakka Q/2/WR for winter
Toyo and Nokian have very strong followings, and are NOT offered by TTR.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts