VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking i might be using the wrong coil if thats possible. when i look in the diragrams for my 88 model that it came out of there is only 3 wires come off the coil. when i look at the rabbit diagram theres 4 coming off it. the one in my car has 6 wires coming off of it. 3 on the 1 and 3 on the 15+ side. is that right. i can take a pic if you guys would like but does that sound right. thanks hopefully this is it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: which coil do i use in the 16v mkI swap. (speeddemon)

it does not matter what coil you use they are only two terminals on a coil with a posts that multiplies it to run more wiring what color are the wires???

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: which coil do i use in the 16v mkI swap. (276ways)

on the 1 post ther are 3 wires 1,blk,2,g,blktracer,3,brn,yellowtracer.
post 15 has 3 wires 1,r,blktracer,2yellow,3,blue or green with a black tracer.
is that too many wires or does that sound right. thanks alot

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: which coil do i use in the 16v mkI swap. (276ways)

so the other ones are not used thats wierd, should i take them off?
well then thats not the problem, maybe im not grounded enough, does anyone know where all the grounds are at or some extra ones i should add? thanks 276ways. and thanks to everyone else who has helped me.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Re: which coil do i use in the 16v mkI swap. (speeddemon)

just in case somebody searches this, there is a difference between the coils, the 16v puts out more ohms when you test it and the biggest important difference is that if you use 16v plug and coil wires the coil wire wont make a connection, Use a 16v coil on the inside it has a little rod for the wire to clip on to

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.