VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which do u think would more expensive to insure for the same driver, 5-door Focus SVT or Scion tC?

'04 SVT focus
or
'05 Scion tC
?
(could a mod change thing to think please?)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
SVT Focus without question. The Focus has an abnormally high collision premium, perhaps due to it having an SVT badge. The tC will likely be closer to that of a Camry, unless you have the supercharger installed.

Modified by nuxx at 11:23 AM 2-15-2004

·
Banned
26,760 Posts
Re: Which do u think would more expensive to insure for the same driver, 5-door Fo ... (All_Texan)

SVT anything is going to be more expensive to insure. All you have to do is think about the kind of performance a certain car has, what kind of drivers that car is going to fall into the hands of, how they're going to drive it, and how often across America they're going to get into accidents. SVT Focus = high.

·
Banned
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I was wrong in comparing hp under the hood (both have 170), is it better to compare badges for insurance purposes?

·
Registered
25,706 Posts
Focus would almost certainly have lower theft premium because Ford cars are much more difficult to steal than Toyota.
I'm not sure what insurance company will rate tC as a 2 door coupe or 2 door sedan. That will also have a huge impact on insurance.
But most importantly, it depends on where you live. In Los Angeles area, Japanese cars have huge insurance premium over similar size domestic or German car because there is a very large underground chop shop/swap meet industry. Honda or Toyota cars without Lojack are almost impossible to insure.

·
Banned
5,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (bzcat)

I live out n the middle of the country with 399 other people
my zip code is nooooooooo problem at all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts