VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Which four-door coupe has the best looking side profile?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you guys know, the cars below are classified as 4-door coupes because of their characteristic sloping rear profile...
Yes, even the Jaguar XJ is classified as a 4-door coupe, unlike its predecessor:
http://www.jaguar.com/gl/en/allnewxj/overview/design/
http://rerichar.com/2012-audi-a7-vs-2011-jaguar-xj-vs-2012-mercedes-benz-cls550.html

Anyways, which 4-door coupe has the best looking side profile? rank from best to worst...

Aston Martin Rapide

Audi A7

BMW Gran Coupe

Jaguar XJ

Mercedes-Benz CLS

Porsche Panamera

Volkswagen CC

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
to me, this is one of those unique instances where the most affordable car is also the best looking.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I really like the side view of the A7, thats what I picked but I really do hate the rear window on the car :facepalm:

·
Banned
26,433 Posts
The A7 is the ugliest, but I bet it will get the most votes.

My pick is the BMW. The profile is perfect, IMO.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the Bimmer in a lighter color...

I forgot to add the Fisker Karma to this poll. Ooops

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Aston

I picked the Aston, it is the one car that comes the closest to pulling off the coupe look and it looks exotic, it looks like a sports car. The Audi and BMW look like common cars seen every day. The Jaguar is a jumbled mess. I love the Mercedes front ends, but the design language on the side is too busy and doesn't flow. I'm a Porshe fan but this car isn't a looker, but I would still own one if I could afford it, looks be damned. The CC' is close to Audi (no surprise there) , not as elegant but common just the same.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Now lets start the debate, which of these are actually coupes? :laugh:
:popcorn:

This should be good. I'd consider them all 4 door Sportbacks since I have my own definition of a coupe, despite what the world may think. 2 doors with 4 seats is a coupe.

On that note, I love the A7. A person at work has a black one and I drool over it, just oozes great styling.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't really care for the Rapide. Unlike all the other cars in this thread, the Rapide's design is an afterthought..

The current 2 door DB9/DBS/Virage etc are absolutely gorgeous, with perfect proportions... Adding length to that shape just makes it look funny to me, like a stretched limo DB9.

The general sleek shape was designed to be this length.

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
The Audi and Porsche tie for last IMO. I was just about to start a thread about how nice looking the CC is, and the BMW is super sharp too.

Chris

·
Registered
13,556 Posts
The A7 is the ugliest, but I bet it will get the most votes.

My pick is the BMW. The profile is perfect, IMO.

i have to contest buddy, the a7 is absolutely stunning in real life. pictures dont do it justice, i see them all the time here in Brooklyn. really a beauty

and i know im the minority, but I will without hesitation buy in this order

1. Aston Rapide
2. Masseratti Quattroporte
3. Porsche Panamera
4. BMW 6
5. Audi A7
7. MB CLS
8. Jaguar XJ
9. VW CC

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
the Maserati QP does not belong in this group at all, and even the Jaguar is a stretch, imo; Fisker Karma, sure.
I love the A7 in person (and would buy an A5 Sportback) but voted for the Aston; Fisker might've gotten my vote, tho.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts