VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide whether or not to invest in a chip or a CAI. Money rolls in very slowly for me so i'll have to buy one and wait awhile until I can get the other. Overall though, i'm looking for a nice mod that will give me good hp gains and will most likely not void my warranty. I really welcome your opinions as I am new to the VW aftermarket scene and have no idea what the product reputations are.
So far, I have been interested in the Evo MS CAI because of its low price. I'm concerned tho because i've learned the hard way that you usually get what you pay for. Having said that, the $270 Neuspeed CAI is also a consideration. Can I really expect good gains from these intakes???
I know the chips deliver what they promise and the Neuspeed software looks good because it's only $200 and I can atleast get a 5 hp bump. I've looked into GIAC but can't find a price but even if they offer a few more horses than the Neuspeed, it's still going to have a much larger price tag.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: which is the better mod?? (ufgator)

Without a doubt, a chip will make a *HUGE* differencce. I can't get over how much a chip improved my car. After that if you have an extra $50, get a drop in K&N, ITG, or aFe.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

I dont think either of those mods are gonna do to much for the car. I'd suggest maybe waiting for some better software to come out or put the money towards something else. I'd say just stick with the stock airbox for now, you could always toss in a K&N drop in.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Re: which is the better mod?? (mista dubba dubba)

I'm with Mista Dubba Dubba! Also the chip voids your warrentee!
______
Deep Blue Pearl .:R32

·
Registered
9,525 Posts

Chip, most bang for the buck, plus you can chip it back to normal on the APR chip (thus making it very hard to detect).

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Re: which is the better mod?? (banzaimf)

I'll let you know on Saturday. I am getting AMD chip, Evo intake, and HPA SS installed. Should be a fun day!

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Re: which is the better mod?? (peppeVR6)

Hey peppeVR6! Can you tell me what you think about that EIP mount? i'm thinkin bout gettin one but i was wondering if it made a big difference?

_________
Deep Blue Pearl .:R32 W/Cloth, Exhaust Mod, Evo CAI (finally!)

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Re: which is the better mod?? (Monteballz)

I just put the EVO CAI on my car and I love it. I cut all the plastic out of the right side screen on the bumper, so its gettin a lot of air to the filter. It really makes a nice difference. I am eventually going to get a chip I think, But im glad i started out with the CAI. I also put the HPA Short Shifter on. Another very nice, well worthwhile mod to consider.

·
Banned
204 Posts

What is the preoccupation with mods? Leave the car alone. You take the risk of voiding the warranty.
Enjoy the perfect balance the R32 represents and in a couple years THEN mod it.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Re: which is the better mod?? (vwaudienthusiast)

Quote, originally posted by vwaudienthusiast »
What is the preoccupation with mods? Leave the car alone. You take the risk of voiding the warranty.
Enjoy the perfect balance the R32 represents and in a couple years THEN mod it.

Dude... get over it. It's not your car, it's their car, so let them do what they want.
Nobody is telling you that you must mod your car or else you risk voiding your manhood. Why must you constantly hijack other R32 enthusiast's threads with this nonsense? What's next, are you going to hijack the stereo forums because we all know the Monsoon system is absolutely perfect and should never be messed with, or else.

I respect the fact that you enjoy driving your R32 and it fulfills all of your desires as a driver/enthusiast, but why can't you respect others who wish to squeeze out a little bit more power out of their R32?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: which is the better mod?? (vwaudienthusiast)

you should just have your own thread about how the R32 is so perfect. obviously people want to do things with THEIR cars and are looking for other views on 'em 2, but one thing we all know is that vwaudienthusiast is on prozac and is very content.

id save your money for a couple months, sounds like some toys are about to hit the ground in the next few months. i dont like CAI cause it rains everyday around where i live. shortram/heatsheild or stock boxes. if you plan on going F/I seems like everyone is using GIAC for their software, so maybe using their DirectPort or chip would be a good way to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts