VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my eurolights and wanna change the stock light bulbs. here in peru there's no control on lights so i can put any wattage. should i buy regular wattage phillips blue vision h4 and h3 bulbs? is it worth it to install relays and new wiring to put in high wattage bulbs? what do you recommend?
i was thinking:
Headlights: phillips blue vision h4 and h3 (standard wattage)
foglights: phillips all weather h3 (standard wattage)
opinions please

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: which light bulbs for euros should i buy? (SLC4EVER)

ok, but do you think that upgrading everything is worth it or should i just keep standard wattage.... would i have to change the cabling and harnessthat's inside the light too?
thanks

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
Re: which light bulbs for euros should i buy? (g60peru)

relays will make a big difference on the stock bulbs, even more of a difference with higher wattage bulbs. iirc there is a couple of volts drop with the stock wiring that can be gained with relays to the battery.

·
Registered
84 Posts

No the blue vision are the same brightness as regular bulbs, they just give the bulb a slight blueish tint that is "supposed" to be the same color as blue Zenon bulbs. I tried a pair before I upgraded to full Eurolights and they are still a far cry from the same color as Zenon, although they do look better than stock lights next to Zenon headlight bulbs, but they dont justify the extra cost . I had to order from the UK and they cost almost $20 for a pair.

·
Banned
3,042 Posts

Quote, originally posted by g60peru »
ok, but do you think that upgrading everything is worth it or should i just keep standard wattage.... would i have to change the cabling and harnessthat's inside the light too?
thanks

i see fine with the standard e-code wattage

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: which light bulbs for euros should i buy? (NORTAVE2.0)

I put in PIAA ExtremeWhite in my Eurolight setup and am pleased with it. They give you the equalivant of around 120 watts each without using any more juice than stock. A little pricy, but worth it. Basically the same as Zenon, except white rather than blue. I tried some of the cheaper Zenons and although they were nice and bright I found they got too hot and where prone to meltdown.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: which light bulbs for euros should i buy? (risestar)

I tried the vision plus in my euros and they were much brighter and whiter than standard H4, but no where near as bright as the overwattage 80/100. Now the bulbs are in my 4runner and are doing well. All bulbs will be brighter with relay's if your wires have a valtage drop. Measure the voltage at the battery and at the bulb, both low and hight beam. If the voltage is the same you don't need relay's. I had about 1 volt drop on the lows and 1.5 volt on the highs, so I added (3) 40 amp relay and now I have no voltage drop and verry bright lights. Never buy blue anything bulbs unless you want less light, they are like putting sunglasses over the bulb.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: which light bulbs for euros should i buy? (awsumG60)

after all your great opinions and some reading here's what i'm thinking right now:
-upgrade wiring and add relays
-100/90W H4 bulbs (headlights)
-100W H3 bulbs (headlights)
-100W H3 bulbs (foglights)
-all bulbs regular halogen, nothing blue
whatya think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.