Vehicle registration plate Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Volvo
Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle Grille Tire

Other...

·
Registered
2009 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited
3,327 Posts
I'd go Acura or Genesis but that's with no experience in the segment. Acura's gonna Honda and I've heard nothing but good things from the Genesis crowd. My $0.02...

·
Registered
A couple CUVs
3,093 Posts
Haha, I was about to start a mid-size SUV thread, next size up. RDX Type S is wishful thinking but it doesn't exist yet. Stelvio would be a good additional option.

My answer is whatever flavor of German you like best. The new AMG GLC hasn't been released yet

·
Registered
The Meatata, Olga-Vagon, DerpDango
2,143 Posts

·
Registered
13,880 Posts
The Mercedes GLC is going to be replaced imminimently so if you're buying now toss that one out. My vote goes to the Genesis GV70 or BMW X3.

New GLC:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
Audi S4, e-Tron, and a Toyota appliance
18,144 Posts
It depends.

For performance, I'd go with BMW X3 M40i.

For luxury, I'd go with Genesis GV70 3.3T.

For the least amount of Dealer Markup, I'd go with Cadillac XT5.

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
The SQ5 seems like it's aging fast and Audi makes you choose between ventilated seats and diamond stitched seats, they won't let you have it all which is enough of a turn off to cross it off the list...don't make me choose at that price point, I want it all. They might still be building cars without blind spot monitoring and other stuff too, so it might also be half baked.

The current GLC is good looking but the interior is horribly outdated and claustrophobic due to the comically massive and unergonomic center stack and as mentioned, being replaced...problem is it'll probably be a full year before you see a new one on the road, let alone a 43. Not to mention price gouging, inevitable new model issues and recalls, so may as well forget that. No Burmester audio on the current model due to supply chain, so if that matters to you, cross this one off the list too. Also owning a new Mercedes, the MBUX sucks imo. Too finicky/sensitive little touch pads on the steering wheel, too much crap in the UI/bad layout, and the climate controls (which are actual buttons) take forever to get up and responding when you start the car, which is annoying.

BMWs are just stale imo. Ugly interior design, exterior looks bloated and overweight.

GV70 is probably objectively the best car in the class, but the handling can be better and the Koreans always have to do some weird bull**** with the C/D pillar and/or window trim. The quarter window area is a mess on these imo, but these are really nice vehicles otherwise.

Cadillac looks terrible and who really pines for an Acura? Volvo is just ok I guess...also getting kind of stale.

I guess I'd either go GV70 or Volvo if you can't wait/won't pay through the nose for the next GLC...but I'd want to know what the UI is going to be like in the new Benz, if it's carryover, no thanks. In the end though it would really depend how half baked each of these cars are, I don't like the idea of paying $50, $60, $70k for a car with missing features due to supply chain issues so I'd want to know exactly what I might be giving up with each model.

·
Registered
32,076 Posts
I've not driven one, but I've seen a lot of the Genesis utes running about and they are drop dead gorgeous in that metallic green. /$0.02

·
Registered
23,384 Posts
Lexus RX for me as well.
Specifically the RX 450h+ plugin.

0-60 in 6 seconds, 32 MPG combined, 32 miles EV range

2023 Lexus RX450h+ Specifications
BASE PRICE$63,000 (est)
LAYOUTFront-engine, AWD, 5-pass, 4-door SUV
ENGINE2.5L 190-hp Atkinson-cycle DOHC 16-valve I-4, plus rear electric motors; 302 hp comb (est)
TRANSMISSIONCont variable auto
CURB WEIGHT4,600 lb (mfr)
WHEELBASE112.2 in
L x W x H192.5 x 75.6 x 67.3 in
0-60 MPH6.0 sec (mfr est)
EPA COMB FUEL ECON32 (gas), 76 mpg-e (gas + elec, est)
EPA RANGE, ELEC/COMB32/550 miles (est)
ON SALE2023

·
Registered
Audi S4, e-Tron, and a Toyota appliance
18,144 Posts
i couldnt imagine leasing a car for four years, sad thats where were headed given how much **** costs now.
Car payments are all through the roof. You used to be able to lease a BMW X1 for $300 a month with just first payment down. Now it's like $500 a month a month for X1, and X3 is like $800 a month.

Fun freaking times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts