VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
st5ock gto shift knob broke....which momo shift knob is plug and play without using adaptor?

stock gti shift knob broke....which momo shift knob is plug and play without using adaptor?

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Re: st5ock gto shift knob broke....which momo shift knob is plug and play ... (1.8speedlord)

how the hell did you break it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Re: st5ock gto shift knob broke....which momo shift knob is plug and play ... (1.8speedlord)

you should be able to attach any momo knob to the shaft, they come with adapters that fit inside for different diameters.
you won't be able to easily attach the stock boot to the knob though, i used a momo boot that screws onto the knob...

·
Registered
5,111 Posts

they usually come with the small adaptor caps, atleast the one I have, so you dont have to get one seperately. is that ok or you mean you dont want to use an adaptor at all?

·
Banned
354 Posts
Re: st5ock gto shift knob broke....which momo shift knob is plug and play ... (judoGTI)

There is a really cool light up shift knob for sale in the classifieds right now, it looks oem too. if I broke minw I would buy this one.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Re: st5ock gto shift knob broke....which momo shift knob is plug and play ... (UnwantedDriver)

Quote, originally posted by UnwantedDriver »
you won't be able to easily attach the stock boot to the knob though, i used a momo boot that screws onto the knob...

not impossible though, this is what I did:

I used the original boot and attached it with wire, has held on really good and looks perfect IMO.
http://www.hiplounge.com/talli/gearknob.html

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: st5ock gto shift knob broke....which momo shift knob is plug and play ... (arc9)

so if i buy a knob from momo i dont need to buy anything speratele? that would work for me also and thx for all the help guys peace out.

·
Registered
293 Posts

yeah, if you buy a momo knob, it'll come with a few little rubber adapters, pick the one that slips onto the shift shaft snugly (for lack of a better term heh heh, damn that sounds wrong)... pop that adapter into the knob, push it down and tighten up the screws at the base...
if you tie the original boot down like arc9 did there http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif , it won't slip off while shifting nor will it look butt ugly! I do like the momo boot though... it looks super clean, and since it screws onto the knob where the set screws are, IMO there's less chance of the knob coming loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts