VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic says. I want a new motor sometime and I thought i would get everyones opinon. I know most would probaly prefer the vr6 for a swap but i just want an opinon out of these two. Please tell me some info about them that would be helpful.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Re: Which motor do you prefer? (metalheadgus)

quote:[HR][/HR]Dude, it's all about the hampster wheel powered by a rabbit. WAY cooler than those pesky 16v's.[HR][/HR]​
No, really though. It's all about the 8v with an ABA bottom-end and lots o' goodies,
or a hampster wheel...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: Which motor do you prefer? (PowerDubs)

I'd say if you are going with boost and want to keep it cheep I'd go with a ABA w/1.8v head and a 1.8 turbo diesel exhaust manifold and turbo but if you're going for N/A there is no excuse for better flow-I'd say 2.0 16v and Not because I have one myself (Most all of my friends drive 8v and they couldn't be happier) but once again with flow comes power- expensive power but still power none the less. 8v and 16v are both good and have completely different personalities so try to find and drive both this way you will know what you like.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Re: Which motor do you prefer? (GGVW)

(Partly) Because the Mk1 Scirocco has a low hood I am a fan of the Audi 3A 'bubble block'. It's a bolt up, if you add a knock sensor system to the Ignition.
btw- Which car is this motor meant for anyway?
TBerk
Mmmmmm Two Liters.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by TBerk, 6:00 PM 2-20-2003]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.