VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what make?, year?, model? single wire o2 sensor do I buy to make my Autometer Air/Fuel guage work? I do realize this will be a third o2 sensor dedicated just for this guage on my 2002 gti

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: Which o2 sensor.... (Blacktop)

quote:[HR][/HR]I was wondering what make?, year?, model? single wire o2 sensor do I buy to make my Autometer Air/Fuel guage work? I do realize this will be a third o2 sensor dedicated just for this guage on my 2002 gti[HR][/HR]​
Wont work with later 01 and 02. You need to get a separate sensor bung to get the a/f to work.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Re: Which o2 sensor.... (VWGTI 1.8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]my friend has it on his car in an 02 jetta and it works fine.. it is spliced into one of the 02 sensers[HR][/HR]​
Well................its not reading correctly then..... you need a third sensor. buy it from Autometer.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Re: Which o2 sensor.... (VWGTI 1.8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]my friend has it on his car in an 02 jetta and it works fine.. it is spliced into one of the 02 sensers[HR][/HR]​
Dont know how he got the a/f to work but when I installed mine the reading was always on lean and I burnt the gauge itself.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Which o2 sensor.... (Blacktop)

I just ordered an Autometer o2 sensor kit which is for their A/F guage kind of pricy at $97. It comes with the Bung, o2 sensor, and some sort of weather protector kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.