VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy some new healights for my gli, and I am having a hard time differentiating which projector headlight is better.
I believe there is the Helix.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...25515 and there is the FK, i think...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...77556.
can someone post pictures of both beam patterns? I want the light that emits the better beam...I have tried searching but there is not enough information out there.
thanks guys.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Re: Which projector headlight is better? (TornadoPete)

Thats a good question, its hard to think this lights are worthwhile when we are constantly pushed pics of what they look like and not how they function with the halogen bulbs. As bad as stock Jetta lights are, it would definitely suck to end up with even worse lighting just for a "cool" style which is even questionable itself. Vendors.. can anyone please post some decents pics?????

1,124 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TornadoPete »
can someone please help

Please keep in mind that the actual projectors inside headlights are NOT made by the ppl making "branding" the headlights hence Depo, Hella or whoever they use subsupliers for the projectors, so chances are the two headlights you show use projectors from the same source, not saying they are identical.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Which projector headlight is better? (www.Euro-Cullen.com)

Quote, originally posted by www.Euro-Cullen.com »

Please keep in mind that the actual projectors inside headlights are NOT made by the ppl making "branding" the headlights hence Depo, Hella or whoever they use subsupliers for the projectors, so chances are the two headlights you show use projectors from the same source, not saying they are identical.

cool
Now, can someone please post pics of the beam patterns of both lights?
also, which headlight unit would be easier to switch the projectors out? I have the hella bixenon projectors here, and what I would do, is replace them with those. thanks

Modified by TornadoPete at 5:21 PM 7-26-2005

1,124 Posts

Quote, originally posted by TornadoPete »
also, which headlight unit would be easier to switch the projectors out?

On these you can NOT get them out not on the Mk3 nor Mk4 versions!
The plastic rear housing is moulded "around" the projectors and only have small rubber caps in the rear...

... unlike the original (which also Depo uses) of big caps in the back.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Which projector headlight is better? (www.Euro-Cullen.com)

Quote, originally posted by www.Euro-Cullen.com »

On these you can NOT get them out not on the Mk3 nor Mk4 versions!
The plastic rear housing is moulded "around" the projectors and only have small rubber caps in the rear...

... unlike the original (which also Depo uses) of big caps in the back.

Is there anyone who ca npost pictures of the beam pattern of these lights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.