VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my ring and pinion, because a quaife is being installed. I need to know if a 3.65 is going to be a noticable difference from stock? I would go for teh 3.94 but I want to sacrifice gas mileage... What do you recommand?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Re: Which R&P to run with a turbo on a VR6??? (FukengruvenGTI)

I have a Corrado gear set in my VR turbo and it pulls like crazy. I have topped the car out at 140mph. The milage is not to good tho but who cares it's fast. Dave

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: Which R&P to run with a turbo on a VR6??? (88JETTEXTREME)

Higher FD = lower top speed and easier to spin the tires.
Lower FD = Higher top speed and less likelier to spin the tires.
Consider your application and then choose from there. If i was doing a NA car, 3.94 would definitely work well....however, i would not think about any FD that high for a high powered vehicle >>> spinning in first and second gear easily (street tires)
Cheers

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

I run stock with very good results. You have soo much power that shortning your gears is not nessesary.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Re: Which R&P to run with a turbo on a VR6??? (stone)

I have a corrado vr6 with a turbo, and the stock corrado gearing IMO is way too short if you have even a moderate turbo setup. I run thru 1st and 2nd way to quick and with wheelspin. The stock GTI r&p is good for a turbo setup. I think I want to switch over to it, as soon as i can afford it.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Ideally, you want a 3.38 from a Jetta/GTI VR6. The 3.94 is too "fast" for the turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts