VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the transmission on my R32 mk4

Im looking at a 02m transmission from a 1.8t that im told will fit. Is this true? Will my clutch setup out of my gqv trans go directly into this 02m?

Another transmission a guy tells me is 02m but he pulled out of his R32.

Can I only replace with GQV transmision ? What is my best replacement here? Anyone selling a transmission that will work for my r32, active buyer!

thankyou

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I know for a fact that the 1.8T 02M will not bolt to an R because the bellhousing is different. I also don't think that the Haldex case can be swapped onto a regular 02M, so I think you have to use an R32 trans.

·
Registered
992 Posts
1.8T gearbox will not fit your car.
02M is the model not a single type of gearbox. 02M is the gears fitted to mk4 golfs, 02Q mk5 golfs etc
GQV is the identification code of a 02M gearbox. The GQV was the standard Mk4 R32 factory fitted gearbox.
Most Turbo R32 guys fit the DRP gearbox from a Mk4 VW Golf 2.8 V6 4motion ( never sold in the USA ) as the mag/ali case has a stronger mix plus is considered a better/stronger design internally.
If you want a DRP gearbox or the standard GQV gearbox i ship both world wide, just PM me if you want .

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yes send me a pm with the shipping address and i can give you a quote.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts