VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic suggests.. which should I get?
I know the Azenis has a good following on the TEX, but I hear that the Yokes are better but won't last as long..
Any experiences with either or both? I'd like to hear... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
pics....
falken Azenis

Yoke's A032r

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (Boostin20v)

I am well aware of that!
You try getting a timely reaction out of those people. I believe there are all of six people that frequent that forum.
So thanks for the bump, but otherwise worthless post.

· Registered
4,087 Posts
Re: (tyrolkid)

yeah i had the falken azenis sports, and granted those tires gripped the road like no other......... but they lasted all of 4 months......... mind you while i had them we had a blizzard in maryland, i got stuck about a half mine from my house on a 5 degree incline........ they are great summer tires, but i didnt like em in the rain or snow.......... and they were a bit loud on nice hot days

Modified by jettagliboy at 11:01 PM 7-15-2003

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote, originally posted by tyrolkid »
Dont even consider the A032 if you're gonna daily drive it.....life expectancy of maybe 5-7k miles tops.......Azenis a bit better, but not much.......

Well, I only do about 10-12k a year and half of that is winter driving.(Gotta love canadian winters) So if these would last for about 8k than I'll be happy.
That will get me the remainder of this season and most of next.
OR am I dreaming????

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Sorry I should have been clearer.....
The other half of the year is on winter tires....

I'd have to be seriously
to drive with these in the winter...
I had a scare with my AVS sports when I put them on too early this year and we only had a rather cold day in the spring.... No ice just cold, and that was bad enough....
Next time I'll wait 'till the polar bears have packed up and left.

Modified by gtiglxvr62000 at 7:18 PM 7-15-2003

· Registered
334 Posts
Re: (gtiglxvr62000)

bringin' back an old post....
but since i've had both of these tires....
had the a032Rs on my integra...
the azenis grip EXTREMELY well, especially for the price.. only drawback is once they get heated up they start to get greasy and lose some of their grip...
a032Rs are the opposite, hotter they get better they grip..
rating grip on a 1-10... 10 bein' a hoosier R compound... and 1 bein' a pep boy $25 dollar special...
azenis: 7
a032r: 8

· Banned
12,633 Posts
Re: (sicks)

Way old, but I got ~17K out of my last set of 225/45/17 Azenis's and liked them so much, I replaced them with the same thing. I used them on road courses as well as the drag strip a few time, where they did suprisingly well. Awesome tire for the money. I have no exp. with the Yoks BTW.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.