VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so Im trying to plan ahead incase my 020 tranny takes a **** on me with my project im doing. Im wondering whats the best tranny to use that will bolt up to a 18t and withstand 300-350hp with ease!
Please anyone chim in on what you think. I know this stuff has been posted before I just wanted to do it again.

And also this needs to fit in a A1 Rabbit GTi. So if there is a certain tranny thats easier and strong enough please let me know!
I know the 02j and the o2m and o2a are in the picture. But which aids more strenght and has an edge for making it easier to put in a rabbit?
Thanx in advance!

Modified by 1.8TRabbit at 5:19 PM 8-18-2006

· Registered
2,367 Posts
Re: which to use? (1.8TRabbit)

300-3500 Bhp wow that's a goal!!!

I have been running both the 02A and 02J with about 350 Bhp for the past year. I broke a couple 02As but I think they where pretty used up before i got a hold of them.
02A will probably be cheaper to find and will bolt up well without too much modification ecept of course for the shifter assembly. I just stuffed mine on top of the consol instead of trying to make it all stock looking. I actually like it better cause the shifter is much closer.
You can see it in this pic...

Modified by VariantStg3 at 3:57 PM 8-18-2006

· Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: which to use? (VariantStg3)

lol.. I meant 300-350 hp.

But thats what I wanna do too. Is it hard to convert everyhting over? I dont really know what all the steps are to converting.

· Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

yeah I want to get all the stuff so I have all of it incase my tranny dies.

· Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote, originally posted by VariantStg3 »
Cool so you'll need to find the tranny with shifting mechanisim and shifter with cables...OH, and the bigh one the pedal clutser mods to make the hydro-clutch work.
yeah I dont know anything about doing that. Is it a pain?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.