VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Here's my dilema, if you could call it that: My friends both are selling used turbos.
Turbo A) Off of a 1989 Dodge Shelby Daytona stock Turbo 2 engine. he wants $160 for the turbo and crappy Chrysler intercooler.
Turbo B) Off of the stock engine of a 1987 Dodge Shadow turbo 1. This turbo is smaller, but it's been through hell and lived to keep kicking a$$: Spiked at 30psi on a 12 second Shadow. Yikes.
They both will do the 10 psi job I want for now. But if I want to go higher, like 15+, the 1989 turbo will be a bit better.
The one off of the Shadow is a Garret T3, I know becasue I was poking at it earlier tonight. Not sure what the other one is.
So, My question is, do i want a beaten to hell turbo for free? Or one I can use for a good long time with a crappy flowing intercooler?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Which turbo? Free or not free? (whitemike)

Well, the tihng I forgot to mention is that I have to choose one or the other, becasue the guy with Turbo A, is going to sell it ASAP to the highest bidder, which is either me or NorthDakota2.0, who I know personally.
So, I have to choose between the 2. I wish i could just go with the free one and get Turbo B later. That would be a lot better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.