VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
Re: Which wideband O2 to buy (G60volks)

I have the Techedge unit, and I am very happy with it.
The Display is really neat on the Techedge, you can put it up on the dashboard in your line of sight, its quite nice driving around under load and being able to simply keep an eye on your A/F ratio.
Techedge gets a http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif from me.

· Registered
3,736 Posts
Re: Which wideband O2 to buy (speed51133!)

i havenet used eitehr or, but they are all about the same, i think ill go with lambdaboy tho, evan said it worked great,plus ihear the guy gives good support in case ***** happens, and you dont gotta wait so long plus it also has datalogging too for palm and pc,

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Which wideband O2 to buy (D Wiz)

I am leaning toward the lamdaboy but they are out of the standard and only have the jr. kit.
Techedge 2.0 looks good too.
But I might just wait for the lambdaboy.

· Registered
24,970 Posts
Re: Which wideband O2 to buy (CorradoFANATIC)

keep in mind some sensors are more accurate (sampling rate, resolution) than others.
All should work fine, but custom service is what your after.
That being said, julian (lambdaboy)'s customer service is top notch, way above and beyond normal.
That innovative one does look nice, i have to admit and the price is pretty damn good.

· Registered
24,970 Posts

it looks like you need an accessory that doesnt come with it to log rpm.
it looks like the unit doesn't stream data (which is important), i like to see the air fuel on the scope while driving.
seems to be very picky on calibration.
looks promising though. For me the fact that you have to download the datalog after you run would make it unusable, unless i read the html docs wrong.

· Registered
7,690 Posts
Re: Which wideband O2 to buy (mrkrad)

now that my car is tuned, any changes i make wont be totally drastic, i dont care if it doesnt "stream" data.
i assume you mean show it "as it happens", as in real time.
it says it self calibrates though, why is that picky?

· Registered
1,122 Posts

i will be picking up the techedge version 2.0 soon.
i know a lot of people using it with great success in all sorts of platforms.

· Banned
2,158 Posts
Re: Which wideband O2 to buy (draculia)

Buy it,don't build it!I have read about guys building these and not getting them to work,I bought one "home built" and it did'nt work,I then bought one from Techedge,and it worked right out of the box.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.