VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a set of H&R col-over coming next week.
got it from a fellow dubber on the vortex, and damn I can't wait till I get them.
The H&R coil came off a 99 GTi VR6 and that should fit my 96 VR6 with no problem right, I would not need to buy new spring cap or what so ever right.
I was also thinking since I'm pulling out the suspension, I should change some PU bushing. I'm not talking about the strut bearing but I mean the bushings in the front control arm. Any other bushing I need or should replace ?
And oh what brand should I use, VW motorsport once are too expensive and since its just a hard rubber like material I don't see how VW motor-sport once can be that much of a difference. EnergySuspenison, PowerFelex or Prothane?

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Re: while I'm changing to coil-overs, how about some bushings (next)

Try evolution sports. I'm getting my strut bearings there on the cheap! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Re: while I'm changing to coil-overs, how about some bushings (koston)

I changed all my bushings in the control arms with prothane polurethane bushings.
I think it is so nice. The car feels more solid and tight!! I always was afraid to put polurethane because people told me it was stiff, the car would be a pain to drive over rough roads. It is comfortable even over rough roads and the car rides so smooth now.
Well all I can say is that the car is a lot more stable in the curves and straight line too due to the fact that the arms don't move. Buy the 85a shore hardness because if you go higher it is stiffer , thus transmitting more vibrations. 85 shore hardness is the way to go.
I hope I have helped you. good luck and if you install coilovers it is worth it to put the bushings or else you won't be able to take advantage of your setup.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: while I'm changing to coil-overs, how about some bushings (vento 95 GL)

thanx for the input, so is it just the 2 control bushing, anything else ?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts

yes it is only the front and rear tabs and I also changed the rear upper ones!!
It works very well and doesn't sqeeck!!! Make sure u sue the oil in the kit or else they will sqeeck like a moffo!!!
You could also change the steering rack pinion bushings , but I was said not too because it will transmit too much vibration through the steering column.
Also I only paid 40$ for the fronts and 20$ for the rear canadian!!!
ciao!!!!

[Modified by vento 95 GL, 3:16 PM 11-25-2001]

·
Registered
12,101 Posts

yah def. give matt a call....he will tell you everyone you should replace...so trust him...i have learned to do so, and he has never steered me in the wrong direction http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts