VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
1,412 Posts
Wheels are unique. Most every color goes with CW. But even with GTI bumper, I am lovin' the fog lights :thumbup: Just a friendly reminder: use wheel locks and park in safe areas. The blue/gold contrast reminds me of cub scouts.:p But a lot nicer. And faster than the pinewood derby.

· Registered
3,754 Posts
a bit too much wheel poke / tire stretch for my taste, but at least it's not verging on spontaneous unseating.

the wheels are damn nice though. I'm not a huge fan of 19s as they seem too big, but i like that rim.

· Registered
1,655 Posts
Nice choice, but they do look almost too big and overwhelming for the car.

· Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I ordered the wheels from discounttires.com I just found them one day while browsing around. They are basically reps from the Thunderbunny, but might be the real thing, not too sure.

They are 22lbs each, so pretty light for a 19", and the tires are 225/35/19. I would have done 235 but I would have had major rubbing issues. I am lowered on Neuspeed Sport Springs, and I rub on hard dips.

Offset is +43. And I will see if I can run out and get a side shot before its too dark.

And yes, it is a GTI front bumper, I like the contrast better than the aluminum on white.

· Registered
5,250 Posts
Unique wheels, that's for sure. Not a bad choice, and the color combination is always good.

Not digging the stretch/poke though. Not my thing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.