VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a bit of a sour experience with the dealership I let do my warranty work. Who at VW would be good to contact about this?

Do they even care?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have a choice for who you have perform warranty work?

Because I don't feel like paying up front for the work and then getting reimbursed from VW.

The work was fine. It was the fact I had to take it in 6 times before the problem was finally fixed. The dealership sent me a satisfaction survey (after the 5th visit, before the problem was even solved). I gave them one more shot, they got it fixed and I gave them a generally positive review considering all the **** I had been through.

In response, the service manager emails me what I consider to be a very unprofessional response to my survey.

So I'm curious as to whether or not VWoA would care or not.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will certainly consider that in the future.

Do they offer loaner vehicles? Because I'm not located in Portland, OR. Assuming they are based in Portland.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I gave them a generally positive review considering all the **** I had been through.
If you give them a bad review, their boss and their bosses boss will launch an investigation as to why you had given a poor review and will make sure you're satisfied (or so I am told). I suggest to be honest next time so you get your car fixed right the first time.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, considering a received an email from the "boss" and it was pretty rude. I kind of doubt I would get a much better response had I been any harsher.

It was a tough problem to fix and basically amounted to VW not closing up ports during the manufacturing of the engine. But yeah, it should have been fixed the first time. More thorough testing would have proven the initial fixes inadequate..

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
^^ Agree. ALWAYS give a honest review even if it sucks. The dealer or person at the dealer you worked with will beg and plead to give them the best possible rating....but don't let the pressure get to you. I went through this sort of thing with our 2009 Dodge Journey. Warranty work done in a sub-par manner. Gave them crappy survey and got much better service after that. Even got a loaner car when they typically don't give them out.

Point is.....if they don't deserve the positive review don't give it to them. Noisy wheel get's the grease if you get my drift.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought that considering everything the review was fair.

It's funny that you mention loaner because the service manager went so far as to tell me that they pay for the loaners and they are given as a courtesy. VW does not reimburse them for that. I suppose if they had found the problem the first time, and not the sixth time, they probably wouldn't have had to wait a week for a new exhaust gasket, and then another week for an exhaust manifold.

I'm debating if I should bother posting his response. Not sure I should. Doesn't seem like it would be wholly fair to him since he's not on here (I don't think) for the rebuttal.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Well, since you're posting on a PUBLIC forum I would not show anything. I would point out that you made a thread on VWVortex and would appreciate it if they offer their $.02. If they realize your on a very popular VW forum they might help out. But let them respond.

Customer service just isn't what it use to be.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed.

Ironically I was fine with everything, despite how hard it was for them to find the issue.

It wasn't until I received the email from the service manager complaining about my survey response that I became irritated.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
^^ Agree. ALWAYS give a honest review even if it sucks. The dealer or person at the dealer you worked with will beg and plead to give them the best possible rating....but don't let the pressure get to you. I went through this sort of thing with our 2009 Dodge Journey. Warranty work done in a sub-par manner. Gave them crappy survey and got much better service after that. Even got a loaner car when they typically don't give them out.

Point is.....if they don't deserve the positive review don't give it to them. Noisy wheel get's the grease if you get my drift.
Sounds like something a mafia guy would say. They use murder grease.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
if you responded to a survey then vw has already seen it. the regional sales/service people will see them as well as the dealerships gm.

service scores mean a lot to the dealerships and some will often ask for a perfect survey or ask if you had any concerns to allow them to fix the issue before you give them a negative survey...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts