VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To this date, what's it been 3 years or so since the new area codes, I can't consistently get the area code +1 # right.
I'm in Seattle sometimes and to call Redmond I have to dial 1-425, but to call Bellevue I shouldn't use the 1, cause it won't go though. And cell phones, man those are the worse.
I say we should start a petition to switch to 15 digit phone #'s so I can finally get the number right the first time...

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: Who can consistently dial a local phone # and get it right the first time? (Tyler Durden)

its not really that hard
lol

·
Banned
10,500 Posts
Re: Who can consistently dial a local phone # and get it right the first time? (Tyler Durden)

cell phones are easy! jsut dial the area code every time! works for me...

·
Registered
3,874 Posts

I hate the new 10 digit dialing in portland some time's when I call my house I dial the number not the area coad.

[Modified by Jon D, 8:13 AM 11-30-2001]

·
Registered
10,422 Posts
Re: Who can consistently dial a local phone # and get it right the first time? (Jon D)

I feel the same way. I have a hard time getting the area code thing right.

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: Who can consistently dial a local phone # and get it right the first time? (IKE BORA)

ha. how many times do you have to hear the "I t is now neccicary to dial the area code and then the number" message before you'd shoot yourself before you heard it again?

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Re: Who can consistently dial a local phone # and get it right the first time? (pdxvento)

We don't have to dial the area code at our house yet....weird

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Re: Who can consistently dial a local phone # and get it right the first time? (pdxvento)

quote:[HR][/HR]lucky[HR][/HR]​
Thats some weird sh!t...you have to?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track
7,205 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]ha. how many times do you have to hear the "I t is now neccicary to dial the area code and then the number" message before you'd shoot yourself before you heard it again?
[HR][/HR]​
You know what's really weird is when you call a number and it says you need a 1 and then you call with a 1 and it says you don't need a 1.

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
Re: Who can consistently dial a local phone # and get it right the first time? (Anakin)

We had to dial 503+number..
Now we don't have to dial 503+number
I don't remember seeing any numbers with the new area code
Maybe the cancelled the whole idea

1 - 11 of 11 Posts