VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the deal. 2001 AWW WE Jetta. Neuspeed p-chip (1.1 bar). Forge 007P DV. Still surging. I have regreased the DV, checked for obvious boost leaks. I have heard it could be the coil packs or the 0.3bar FPR.
It surges on initial throttle hard, and then multiple times up to 6K rpm.
Help me solve this. Thanks!
-A
to the first one who can!

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Re: Who can solve my surging problem???? (1.8T Jon)

Best bet is to do some data logs with a Vag Com. Jim Wilson helped me out with the same problem and we found out the N75 valve was out of adjustment. The actual boost was exceeding spec'd.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Re: Who can solve my surging problem???? (Gatorfreak)

sorry to hear about your surging problems. i am sure if you tired an up'd car you'd be happy to ditch the neuspeed and go with up. i am very happy with my up chip (aww 1.8T).

·
Registered
61 Posts

i surge, but only under medium throttle - never under full or minimal. When you say WOT, is your foot all the way to the floor??

·
Registered
2,642 Posts

When did you get the chip. A couple chip tuners had surging problems when VW release the AWW engine. They didn't realize that programming changes to the wastegate needed to be made due to the new engine code. As far as I know, all the tuners have since fixed the surging problem. If your chip was made when the AWW came out or a couple months afterward, I would upgrade it to the new revision.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Who can solve my surging problem???? (Digitalcandy)

thanks for the ideas. I called neuspeed to verify it was the appropriate chip for my 2001 AWW and was told it was. I do not want to change chips at this point because my dealer installed it and is cool with it, as long as I don't put in another chip. He is "comfortable" with the neuspeed chip and it will not void warranty work. It is a good thing b/c I have 7 yr/84K bumper to bumper. I am in santa clara, CA if any one is near by.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Re: Who can solve my surging problem???? (SlvrBllt)

quote:[HR][/HR]Best bet is to do some data logs with a Vag Com. Jim Wilson helped me out with the same problem and we found out the N75 valve was out of adjustment. The actual boost was exceeding spec'd.[HR][/HR]​
how did you adjust the valve? I'm getting the same problem on my 2002 with upsolute chip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts