VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Re: Who can widen stock steel wheels?? (eurotekms)

look in some hot rod tuning magazines and get some numbers and websites...that would be the best route to go...alot of older guys get there stock wheels widened alot

· Registered
6,639 Posts
Re: Who can widen stock steel wheels?? (ubercrap)

Stockton Wheel quoted me about 100.00 per to widen some g60 steels awhile back. They don't cut/widen the stock rim,but instead cut off the entire outer rim and weld on an whole new rim pre-made to the width you order. They can also powdercoat the finished wheels in-house for a small fee.
They have outer band shells for 13" thru 17" IIRC.
I didn't go with the wide steelies,not because of the price SW quoted me,but because the to/from shipping was gonna be more the getting them widened.
Another option might be to check with a shop local to you that builds/works on dirt track cars,a lot of those guys run widened OEM steel wheels.
Last time this was brought up,Vortexer mattw was crawling up everybody's ass saying we were all stupid because you could buy steelies already widened from some stock-car supply house in NC. Trouble was,they didn't offer anything in 4x100. Thanks for your Vortexpertise,mattw. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
653 Posts
Re: Who can widen stock steel wheels?? (vr6swap)

Quote »
Last time this was brought up,Vortexer mattw was crawling up everybody's ass saying we were all stupid because you could buy steelies already widened from some stock-car supply house in NC. Trouble was,they didn't offer anything in 4x100. Thanks for your Vortexpertise,mattw. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Heh heh heh ... I just saw this older post, but had to respond.
Diamond Racing does in fact sell lots of wheels in many many sizes for 4x100 applications. And, yes, they are MUCH cheaper than having one of those wheel houses widen your steelies. Does this guy work for Stockton or something?
I only speak up when my "Vortexpertise" is intact, so trust me...

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Re: Who can widen stock steel wheels?? (eurotekms)

I had mine done at Stockton Wheel..
It ran me 90.00 a wheel for widening.. Don't recommend them for powder coating though
was very disapointed with the quality..
Just a little heads up....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.