VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this car just totally works for me, and is exactly the kind of project I want to build.
I just picked up the latest SCC issue (with the ITR on the cover), and am reading about their Project Silvia.
I can't tell you how refreshing this car is. It is the exact opposite of the rice mentallity.
They buy an $800 240SX, and a JDM front clip, swap over the front fenders and the SR20DET.
Then they buy a bunch of FLAT BLACK spray paint and paint the car with it. They add awesome coilovers, Brembo brakes, Volk wheels. Man, it just looks so badass!!
I love this thing. The anti-rice.
To quote the article: "The car is flat black. Deal with it. It says 'you can take your shiny little show car and stuff it up my 3-inch titanium exhaust.'"
Finally, an import project I can really get into. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by Rob, 5:51 PM 9-26-2002]

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Re: Who else loves SCC's Project Silvia? (Rob)

I am not much of a fan of (s13) Silvias or SCC, but this sounds cool.
Anyone have any pics?
And is this the same car they made the famous $3000 Silvia conversion from

Jeff

·
Registered
41,826 Posts
Re: Who else loves SCC's Project Silvia? (Rob)

What sucks about them painting it flat black isn't that I wish it were flashy; but the car was originally the very rare mint green over grey two tone
which just happens to look really good with a Silvia face.
The car itself generally rocks, though. It definitely had humble beginnings, not just the car but the project - Dave Coleman himself was posting on the freshalloy.com 240sx forum asking for engine swap advice!
The only problem with it is that it's sort of singlehandedly blown the lid off the 240SX community, which has always been necessarily small and quiet due to the relative rarity and former undesirability of the car. Everyone wants a Silvia now.
I just picked up the new issue at the grocery store...
At least they're doing it right. Though I do wish they'd repaint it in its original two tone glory!

Edit: this isnt a pic of the car, this is just some random Silvia I found in a gallery. It's a Q's (nonturbo)...

[Modified by AKADriver, 11:51 PM 9-26-2002]

·
Registered
10,725 Posts
Re: Who else loves SCC's Project Silvia? (VW4Eva)

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I am such a fan of the project silvia...it is so amazing. suspension bushing links, JIC coilovers, volks, brembos, sr20det, azenis...this is an absolute track machine!!!!! what a dream setup!!
I am so tempted to do exactly what they are doing, but then it could only be my second car. but nevertheless...i am THIS close to writing them a letter and showering praise all over their silvia. I am so wanting to have a project car like that. Why does S13s in toronto have so much rust?

I am a really big fan of SCC but sometimes I hate the other ricey"feature cars" they show. well, i can't blame them...after all the majority of SCC's readers are the ricey type....
I know what SCC editors are into and the project silivia, rx7, 323 GTX, 200SX, EG civic, etc...are all no-nonsense go fast cars. this issue "JDM fantasy" is such an amazing piece of publication. i drooled over every single car in that issue (besides the automatic supras)..

[Modified by BananaCo, 9:13 PM 9-26-2002]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.