VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hard core I wish we had more air cooled enthusiasts on this site
I still have my 73 VW Thing though I bought it 8 years ago my first car and will never sell it

[Modified by eurotrashrabbit, 12:09 AM 1-14-2002]

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (eurotrashrabbit)

Me too, and i think my next car prbly will be too http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Hey, see my website for my enthusiasm

·
Registered
644 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (130_R)

ME! I have owned and driven two aircoolers-65 vert bug and now a 60 standard bug. I also have 3 dead bugs in a pasture and a Squareback project that I have titled to me but never drug home. Anybody interested in a Squareback project? It is a blue '66-has a sunroof, popout windows. Not a load of rust, spare tire pan seemed okay, as well as heater channels-maybe a couple of hole to fix, I can't remember. It looked to me that the car was pretty complete. I think there were a couple of small holes in the rear quarters as well as maybe a spot in each wheelwell. I haven't seen the car since May, it is located about 1.5 hours north of me. I traded my old rusty vert for it thinking it would be an easier project, which is still the case, but as I am a poor college student, I can't afford and don't have the time to work on it. If you are REALLY interested, I might be able to make a treck up there sometime soonish and take some pictures. Wow, did I ever get off the subject!
I also have a Corrado that I bought in September and wrecked two months later. I am looking to replace it now. That was the first watercooled vehicle I had since the 85 Chevy Celebrity my parents bought me when I turned sixteen.
David

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (eurotrashrabbit)

Was born an aircooler, raised an aircooler and have driven over 20 of them so far in life....compared to only one watercooler.
Still have my '59 Ghia coupe in the garage and as soon as I get motivated will be doing a custom-resto on it.

·
Registered
721 Posts

Add me to the list.
Learned to drive in my dad's '67 beetle.
Owned '70 and '74 Karmann Ghia coupes.
Then a '78 Scirocco and an '86 Jetta GLI.
Now one side of my garage houses my project car- a '74 Ghia cabriolet. Hopefully Santa will bring it some floor pans.
And I'm hoping there will soon be a 2002 Passat on the other side.
Air and water DO mix.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (2035cc16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]sweet!
I still have my 71 super and my 65 Notch, but my air to water ratio is more like 3/2 its been pretty damp here lately
[HR][/HR]​
Wasn't your first username VW_71GTV Drew? I remember someone rambling around here with that name, but I don't remember who exactly it was. My air to water ratio right now is 5 to 1, 3 Buses, 2 914's and the ever trusty GLI.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (130_R)

First car was a '67 bug ..
After that, have additionally owned
1968 Bug
1967 Bug (2)
1971 Bus
2000 GTI vr6
1971 914
1997 Cabrio
a bunch more non veedubs ..
And I've still got the original bug too

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (jackr)

me me me me got bit by the bug when i was 8 now im all about h2o but still have my baby a 63 ragtop 2.0 turbo. i just got burntout on bugs. i knew all there was to know and became an offical guru and decided it was time to persue somthin different. now im pimpin gti16v and a jetta 16v.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (16v po boy)

I'm about even; 2 to 2.
'68 Meyers Manx (unrestored)
'68 Beetle (resto-fied)
'89 Jetta GLI 16V (daily driver)
'89 Fox Wagon (awaiting attention, blown head gasket)
The Manx is probably the most ill-handling vehicle I've ever owned, is drafty and has no heat - If I want comfort, handling and speed, I take the Jetta. It's all good......

[Modified by maximus_manx, 3:08 PM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (maximus_manx)

cars I have owned:
69 bug
57 bug - still have
63 bug
60 bug
57 Ghia
96 GTI
+ I was driving my dads 67 bug and my brothers 65 bug for a while there.
I think I still prefer Aircooled cars also

·
Registered
29 Posts

I am too. I have a custom 71' Super Beetle which was my very first car. I am now on my 4th watercooled(all Jetta's), a 01' Jetta WE. I still love my Super Beetle more than any of the watercooled cars I've had.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Re: Who else was a air cooled enthusiast before a water cooled (badbug)

my air to water ratio is 6:3
67 vert bug
74 super (sun bug)
74 bug
68 bug
69 bug
82 racco
70 ghia (autostick) still have
90 corrado G60(need to sell if anyone is interested)
99.5 jetta gls (just bought)
comming soon hopefully a 58 beetle and a 59 beetle

1 - 20 of 62 Posts