VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long? A two or three day job? I have not done any major work yet, but I'm going to treat this like I'm back in college (arrrrgh!) by studying before my *exam* in June. Hopefully that approach will work. I don't need to replace it now, but sometime soon.
At first I thought about selling it rather than doin that, but after some thinkin I'm bent on the idea of doin myself. Hell, I might as well fix other stuff while I'm at it--like polishing the intake manifold and cleaning lifters,etc. Plus that way I can use the money I saved to throw in a VR6 exhaust and hood insulation, window tint and so on.
It would be nice if anyone with experience doing this can share any advice, info or other comments with me

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Who has replaced their head gasket? (spitpilot)

Thanks for the heads up--all the other work has been done, so all I will do is the head gasket plus some cleaning and carbon removal. I have yet to do any work besides tune-up things and brake pad replacement but if I study up I'm sure I can do it on a Saturday, specially now that I have a garage http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.