VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

· Registered
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few question's mainly about their daily driveability...I assume they ride well just like any Integra but of course much firmer suspension and more noisy?
I was impressed to read their 0-60 is 6.2 seconds, which is quite impressive for their engines specs..overall share your experience with your R , I always am looking for clean examples but they are like finding a needle in a haystack.

· Registered
6,522 Posts
Re: Who in here owns an Integra Type R... (Blitz16v)

They are loud and they turn high-rpm's on the freeway. That is about the only drawbacks that I can think of. That and the fact that you have to keep them under lock and key no matter where you go. I would honestly suggest that if you are going to buy this car that you have a beater that you can leave parked at the mall or movie theater. If this car sits out in the open for too long it will be gone like the wind.

· Registered
23,208 Posts

Finding one won't be nearly as hard as keeping it from getting stolen. I've had three friends get their Type Rs stolen.

If I could have it my way, I'd take a Civic Type R from Japan in a second for a daily driver. http://****************.com/smile/emlove.gif that car.

· Registered
16,177 Posts
It's about useless, because as mentioned you can't really enjoy it. You'll become paranoid about parking it anywhere w/out it being stolen.

· Registered
6,863 Posts

Firmer, stiffer ride, as you'd expect. Louder inside the cabin due to lack of sound deadening. Driving on roads or highways is not uncomfortable or unreasonably noisy, but it's relative - what are you used to. Coming from a quiet, soft family sedan and it's more dramatic. The ride is firm and compliant, with instant response from steering, accelerator, and brakes. Increase in harshness is backed with increase in control.
How it behaves for daily driving doesn't matter though. Doing it means your car will likely soon become a statistic unless you live in the middle of nowhere, and even then it's a risk.

I turn about 4000rpm at 70mph. It's as effortless as 2000rpm in a family cruiser, just louder. It depends on the person whether it's a welcome noise or not. If you're asking about these cars then I assume it is.

· Registered
23,208 Posts
Re: Who in here owns an Integra Type R... (330R)

Quote, originally posted by 330R »
Firmer, stiffer ride, as you'd expect. Louder inside the cabin due to lack of sound deadening. Driving on roads or highways is not uncomfortable or unreasonably noisy, but it's relative - what are you used to. Coming from a quiet, soft family sedan and it's more dramatic. The ride is firm and compliant, with instant response from steering, accelerator, and brakes. Increase in harshness is backed with increase in control.

So it's basically the car that diehard VW fans beg VAG to make.

Ps- where have you been!!!

· Banned
12,091 Posts
Re: (-Khaos-)

Quote, originally posted by -Khaos- »
It's about useless, because as mentioned you can't really enjoy it. You'll become paranoid about parking it anywhere w/out it being stolen.

my thoughts exactly. It would be like a sunday drive car. I hate getting on honda tech and reading how someones type r just got stolen. That has to be beyond the suck.

· Registered
13,359 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Blitz16v »
overall share your experience with your R

I think you can sum up every owner's experience with the following sentence: "It was great... until it got stolen."

· Registered
1,296 Posts
Re: (-Khaos-)

I have one. I don't DD it though. Took me 2+ yrs to find a stock one. It's got 60K miles on it. I put on Dunlop Direzza Star Specs. The car handles better than any other FWD car I have ever driven. It is a bit loud but with stock exhaust it's not bad.
There is hardly any sound insulation though. I am worried about theft but I don't leave it out anywhere, it's basically a weekend/evening driver.
Like I said it handles amazing especially with the tires. It'll run circles around my DD

This is my daily driver

· Super Moderator
7,347 Posts
Re: (aleksl)

I'd have one as a second car in a heartbeat. And I would treat it like an infant baby - never out of sight or left alone. So I can't have it.
There was a VERY tastefully modded one a block down the street from me in yellow. It was stolen early this year, from the garage, in back of the guys house, in the middle of the night. Whoever took it, they really wanted it, and they found a way to get it.

· Registered
6,863 Posts
Re: Who in here owns an Integra Type R... (PineappleMonkey)

Quote, originally posted by PineappleMonkey »

So it's basically the car that diehard VW fans beg VAG to make.

Ps- where have you been!!!

It's the car diehard Honda fans beg Honda to make again.
(or at least bring over from Japan - FD2 Civic Type-R)
I've been around here a bit.
How ya been?

· Registered
6,863 Posts
Re: (aleksl)

Quote, originally posted by aleksl »
I have one. I don't DD it though. Took me 2+ yrs to find a stock one. It's got 60K miles on it. I put on Dunlop Direzza Star Specs.

Nice!
Good to see a fellow ITR owner on here.

Here's mine, another PY. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Just crossed 42k on the odo last night.

Nothing to tell, all OEM.

Nice GTI, btw. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by 330R at 4:22 PM 8-31-2008

· Registered
20,436 Posts
Re: Who in here owns an Integra Type R... (330R)

Quote, originally posted by 330R »

Yeah, where's Schrick?

Been avoiding the car forum since the collective IQ here dropped into the low -teens.

· Registered
6,863 Posts
Re: Who in here owns an Integra Type R... (SchrickVR6)

Quote, originally posted by PineappleMonkey »
He's around here every so often, I think there hasn't been anyone really to pick on lately.

I wish there hasn't! Geez.

Quote, originally posted by SchrickVR6 »

Been avoiding the car forum since the collective IQ here dropped into the low -teens.

Testify.
And
speak of el diablo
and there he is.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.