VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a slow leak in my 2002 gti, allowing water into the passenger side of the car. the floor has been out once already and the problem reocurred so i have been cruising carpet-less for several months, even in the rain, trying to find the leak.
sun roof drains, pollen filter, door/ window seals have all been checked, and i have not noticed any water recently even when driving in the rain.
when i recently pulled the carpet, the wet spot was confined to directly in front of the passenger seat and adjacent to the large hump where the shifter is located, and only on the floor, leading me to think the floor pan is cracked somewhere, possibly from the p.o. getting into a minor collision.
is there any seams or places where a crack might occur that anyone knows of? thanks in advance guys http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
268 Posts
Re: who knows mk IV floor pans? (mbritten)

Sounds like a possible bad heater core leaking, that part of the passenger floor your explaining is a classic example..any coolant smell?

Modified by 2theonevr6 at 2:59 PM 4-27-2010

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
emron, the sealant over my floor plugs was cracked as well, presumably from the moisture sitting on top of them. i ended up sealing them up with some caulking that has held up well so far.
i suppose ill just have to get the car up on blocks and crawl underneath with a hose to isolate the leak. if i find it i'll definitely por-15 and coat it. thanks guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.