VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Re: Who sells Jetta MK4 ecodes (ECS Tuning-Tom)

quote:[HR][/HR]Who sells Jetta MK4 ecodes
We'll have them back in stock tomorrow
They are $305.00 a set & come with fogs.[HR][/HR]​
Or you can go to ATP and buy the same lights for $220

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
Re: Who sells Jetta MK4 ecodes (GTI_Matador)

quote:[HR][/HR]Who sells Jetta MK4 ecodes
We'll have them back in stock tomorrow
They are $305.00 a set & come with fogs.
Or you can go to ATP and buy the same lights for $220[HR][/HR]​
Does ATP have a website? Those seem like really really low prices - along the lines of GLX lights i heard ...
thanks ...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: Who sells Jetta MK4 ecodes (Mencius01)

quote:[HR][/HR]Or you can go to ATP and buy the same lights for $220
Those seem like really really low prices - [HR][/HR]​
E-Codes for $220.00 a set?? Are you sure?

·
Registered
1 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]here is the link to the page http://www.vwturbo.com/products/details.asp?id=144&cat=19
even if the lights don't coem with the bulbs you can still buy the bulbs you need and keep well under the $300 mark. Or are bulbs over $80 nowadays?[HR][/HR]​
These are Valeo units, not Hella - according to the person I contacted at this company. I was told these were European OEM units and perhaps not such a significant improvement in performance over the US OEM units.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Re: Who sells Jetta MK4 ecodes (jagdflieger)

the european OEM units are much better then the NA units, such was the case with the Ecodes on my GTI and everyone I have spoken to that has the Ecodes on their Jetta

·
Registered
10,827 Posts

Ecodes for a Jetta are a MUST! Not as much with Golfs, for what I hear. But the difference is literally night and day on the Jetta. You can actually see stuff at night. The beam pattern is better and the H4 bulbs seem brighter. The beam patter look like this ___/ when shone on a wall. It breaks up an to the right to better illuminate the side of the road.
The fogs are fogs, not driving lights as some would like to believe. But I would get them (and I did) just because of the better normal lighting.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I just got of the phone with tech at ATP and he just confirmed that the JEtta ecodes they sell are Hella's and they do come with all necessary bulbs...i will have mine by next tuesday...so i will let u guys know whats up when i get them

·
Registered
366 Posts
Re: Who sells Jetta MK4 ecodes (GlxPilot)

quote:[HR][/HR]I just got of the phone with tech at ATP and he just confirmed that the JEtta ecodes they sell are Hella's and they do come with all necessary bulbs...i will have mine by next tuesday...so i will let u guys know whats up when i get them
[HR][/HR]​
tell us how they look/quality when you get them! $220 is a GREAT deal but maybe a little too good! PROVE US WRONG!

·
Registered
10,827 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]can you answer a question for me, is the housing glass or plastic?[HR][/HR]​
They are glass on the Golfs and acrylic (plastic) on the Jettas. The good thing about the Jetta lenses is that they say they are SAE and DOT approved, so no hassle during inspections. The are essentially the same lenses as US lights.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Re: Who sells Jetta MK4 ecodes (JettaRed)

so whats the difference between the lights? i thought they would be glass like the GTI e codes and that contributed to a better light output.

·
Registered
10,827 Posts

The lense is just the cover that protects the bulbs and reflector. They are clear and don't affect light output. The acrylic lenses are extremely strong, so I would guess they are more durable than glass.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.