VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been alot of talk about these kits latly.
Right now on the first 2 pages alone there are 9 posts about either of the 2 kits.
I think If there was a FAQ or somthing like that it could cut down on clutter.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Who Thinks there should be a APR,ATP and Custom stage 3 FAQ? (VDUBBINDizzy)

quote:[HR][/HR]Only because we have talked about everything else over and over and over and over and .......................[HR][/HR]​
exacty the point...since people dont use the search
the FAQ would answer most questions
install time
costs
dyno sheets
1/4 mile times
ect

·
Registered
11,913 Posts
Re: Who Thinks there should be a APR,ATP and Custom stage 3 FAQ? (nerdhotrod)

And it would be a great reference point for equations for configuring a system, such as MAF size related to injector, injector size and how it relates to fuel pressure. How to read a compressor map and the most commonly used big turbos, when the spool, etc.
It would be great.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Re: Who Thinks there should be a APR,ATP and Custom stage 3 FAQ? (FrankiEBoneZ)

quote:[HR][/HR]And it would be a great reference point for equations for configuring a system, such as MAF size related to injector, injector size and how it relates to fuel pressure. How to read a compressor map and the most commonly used big turbos, when the spool, etc.
It would be great.[HR][/HR]​
Exactly what I wanted to start with my post that fell away earlier this week!

·
Banned
13,061 Posts
Re: Who Thinks there should be a APR,ATP and Custom stage 3 FAQ? (nerdhotrod)

"Turbo Kit FAQ" Good idea but there would probably be some sort of requirement for any tuner discussed in the FAQ to purchase a banner ad.
< yes...I just dreamed that up >

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Re: Who Thinks there should be a APR,ATP and Custom stage 3 FAQ? (Electron Man)

and since most people dont read the FAQ its pointless.
all the knowledgeable people here have at least looked at the FAQ and think its pretty decent.
the people that ask the beaten to death questions are the ones that dont read the FAQ, and those are the people that generally ask the pointless Stage III questions.
if however you want a stage III FAQ ask me and mike and i will put it together

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Re: Who Thinks there should be a APR,ATP and Custom stage 3 FAQ? (too fast)

I think it's a great idea to get a FAQ together because although the information is available in the search, it's really tough to get to. T3, T4, T3/T4, T3 super 60 are not searchable keywords. I sure would've appreciated having all the info in one spot when I started my project. I've spent more time researching everything I have to do to get a T3 to work than anything else. Good stuff to know are all the basic equations, and other people's experiences. I'd love to see Billy T's original T3 Super 60 .48 A/R dyno for example, and I know it's here somewhere, but I can't find it. The alternative is to get the search to search for the T words at least in the message bodies (it only searches subject lines currently).
Speedy G

1 - 11 of 11 Posts