VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (chrisbmx68)

yeh there's a dude thats pretty sick that I know, I might have to look into it... Honda community around here seems to have the same problem as the VW community though .... one person says "that dude is SICK," the next person "that dude has blown up more motors than I can count"

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

funny you mention it, because yesterday I just started messin around with it for the first time... its really pretty str8 forward at least on the fueling side.... what I dont know enough about is the timing side though.... the dynojet wideband certainly makes things 1000000x easier though ..............
i think im going to just trial and error as safely as possible until i have approx a 14:1 AFR across the board (gonna fatten up the curve under boost later... this is just for break in)

· Registered
11,427 Posts
as a rule of thumb you can lean it way out under decel, want 14-15 while cruising, and 12:5 under accel
do not go into boost with it at 14:1 or you will melt things you want to be in the 12's under boost

here is an example of a turbo spark map, anything over 100kpa is under boost
ALSo there should be between 0.7 degrees and 1.3 degrees of spark retard per psi of boost on pump gas.

Modified by chrisbmx68 at 11:30 AM 8-6-2008

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

wow, thanks a lot man... thats a nice lookin GUI, what software is that? actually looks a bit like chrome

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif what are you driving on SEM?

· Registered
11,427 Posts
im running megasquirt on a sorta built 8v.
You shouldn't really need negativing values unless your running upwards of 20-30psi. I run 24ish degrees of advance at WOT on my NA car. To start I would scale my map back a degree per psi. The graph i posted is from an e30 bmw and I have no idea how much boost he is running.
p.s. the upper left corner isn't filled out because he would never see that range in real world conditions. It is still good practice to scale and blend the areas you wont see.

Modified by chrisbmx68 at 4:28 PM 8-6-2008

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.