VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car needs help....
it's TALL...

and I'd love to not have to go to a shop and shell out a wad of cash....I'd rather have a local dubber who'd love to have some professional photos do a 'trade'. I also do auto detailing if you are interested. Let me know. I still need to pick out shocks and springs ( I just want it lowered a bit, I don't want it on the ground or anything. I plan on Long Beach 17's someday and can't do those until it's a bit lower.
Anyways, here are SOME of my images if you are interested...

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Re: (06GTIdriver)

Quote, originally posted by 06GTIdriver »
I'm always down to help a fellow dubber. I have experience with mk4 and mk5 jettas and Gti. I don't see mk3s being much different. I'll send you my number via pm.

mk3's are easier. no stupid spreader tool

· Banned
651 Posts
Re: Who wants to help me install springs and dampers on my mk3 in exchange for some ... (VTECeateR)

I'm gonna tell you a secret.

If you have sport or race springs with a new set of dampers, you can simply buy new strut bearings and pull the entire assembly out and put in the entire new assembly in. It's a matter of removing 6 bolts and 4 nuts.

· Registered
10,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FV-QR

This is all a foreign language to me. I've replaced a manual transmission on my Z28 and even tore down the TPI F/I systen to replace the intake manifold gasket but for some reason suspension (and even brakes) are something I've never done yet.

· Registered
20,495 Posts
Re: Who wants to help me install springs and dampers on my mk3 ... (david duchovny)

Quote, originally posted by david duchovny »
I'm gonna tell you a secret.

If you have sport or race springs with a new set of dampers, you can simply buy new strut bearings and pull the entire assembly out and put in the entire new assembly in. It's a matter of removing 6 bolts and 4 nuts.

this

· Registered
7,799 Posts
Quote, originally posted by 06GTIdriver »
I'm always down to help a fellow dubber. I have experience with mk4 and mk5 jettas and Gti. I don't see mk3s being much different. I'll send you my number via pm.

I'd say that overall the MK3's are easier. It's a much more intuitive assembly, especially in the front. No disconnecting axles or spreading clamps or any BS like that.
As others mentioned, if the new suspension is pre assembled (and you have the right tools), it's not much worse than rotating tires. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.