VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Who was the first to put a VR6 in a a2?

942 views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  threerng 
#1 ·
Just wondering.

#5 ·
Re: Who was the first to put a VR6 in a a2? (mk2jetta)

quote:[HR][/HR]i've read somewhere that there were factory-built a2 vr6!!!!!!!!!!! but they never made it to the production line[HR][/HR]​
yup that's right i forgot
they made 10 of them
they all were scrapped IIRC because the VR6 wasn't dependable enough yet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#7 ·
Re: Who was the first to put a VR6 in a a2? (130_R)

I remember back in 1990 I had an issue of VW Motoring and there was a silver A2 built by German tuner Hartmann with a VR6.
In North America its possible that Ron's Parts was the 1st to do it ? Whan Shawn Van Neer worked there didn't they build a montana green VR6 synchro in 1991 ? I have the issue of European Car here somewhere....It was the car in all the Spax adds for a while....

#14 ·

quote:[HR][/HR] it's that damn conspiracy against canadians that's what it is!!!
[HR][/HR]​
hey man...just because most American's couldn't tell you that Canadia borders their country to the north doesn't mean there is a conspiracy! just kidding guys!....you know i love you guys with your ooots and aboots...

#16 ·
Re: Who was the first to put a VR6 in a a2? (Tornado2dr)

what is this all aboot?!?
i know what your saying eh!!

at least we don't have sissy beer, had to buy a whole lot at the waterfest this year to get drunk!!!!!!!!!!!! and what's the idea, 21!!!! at 15 i was able to buy beer here, it's right next to the milk and bread
i love Canadia.......i mean Canada eh
by the way the first 1.8t is a hard question....but someone probable did it around 95-96 when the 1.8t came out

#17 ·

^^^ HAHAHAHA. the first I saw "completed"(it ran) was at aquafest in 99...but if i remember correctly, they informed me and a buddy that they ran the speedo from the alternator(we just asked for no good reason) and for SOME reason this didn't seem to make sense. I think the one vwsport was doing for a customer was one of the first ones started.

#19 ·
Re: Who was the first to put a VR6 in a a2? (2FST8v)

LOOKEY HERE!!!
this is from the 20th anniversary GTI article in an old VW trends I have, read through some of the dates (1993, 1995) it confirms that Shawn van Neer was the first to do a conversion (A2 VR6) he also did the first A1 VR6

[Modified by The Red Baron, 5:37 PM 11-30-2001]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.