VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title just... came to me :laugh:.

So, who has been checking this show out? Two episodes in and I am captivated. I had to revisit the comics as it had been 20 years since I’ve read them.

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I’m enjoying it so far.
Regina King is great in everything I’ve ever seen her in since 227 back in the day!

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Last nights episode was crazy.
Looking glass' history and current situation was memorable. Especially his choice of TV/DVD programming!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, that Hooded Justice episode was phenomenal. Really, all of this show has been though. :eek:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
This is a great show. I enjoyed the movie so I had to watch this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Just getting ready to start this...

I thought I saw somewhere when it first dropped that it was helpful to have some kind of backstory if you hadn't read the original comics or something. There was maybe a YouTube video about it? Can't remember the details.

Anyway, I didn't read them, so wondering if that was really necessary or if that was all just so much fan-splaining (or marketing)...

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just getting ready to start this...

I thought I saw somewhere when it first dropped that it was helpful to have some kind of backstory if you hadn't read the original comics or something. There was maybe a YouTube video about it? Can't remember the details.

Anyway, I didn't read them, so wondering if that was really necessary or if that was all just so much fan-splaining (or marketing)...
Definitely recommend familiarizing yourself with the comics. There are some videos on YouTube that could catch you up if you don’t want to read the comics, although I recommend doing so. Probably not 100% necessary though. My wife thoroughly enjoyed to show without any knowledge of the Watchmen universe. It will be a bit confusing at first.

Hell, even watching the movie would be a good idea. Although it was not 100% true to the comics (the characters were depicted more as heroes than the comics. Other details were changed as well.)

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,204 Posts
I had read the graphic novel of the original comic series a few years ago in a book club. That definitely helped. I also watched a few "Easter Egg/What you Missed" videos after each ep on YoutBut and it greatly helped me understand the deeper nuances of the story.

I am assuming we'll get a season 2 but I wonder if this won't be a bit like Fargo where we get a mostly different story/characters in each season. The material is ripe for that sort of thing. The Season 1 story has a pretty soli beginning and end, I don't know if we'll get more of the Tulsa crew or if we follow along with Agent Blake or something like that.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Definitely recommend familiarizing yourself with the comics. There are some videos on YouTube that could catch you up if you don’t want to read the comics, although I recommend doing so. Probably not 100% necessary though. My wife thoroughly enjoyed to show without any knowledge of the Watchmen universe. It will be a bit confusing at first.

Hell, even watching the movie would be a good idea. Although it was not 100% true to the comics (the characters were depicted more as heroes than the comics. Other details were changed as well.)
I had read the graphic novel of the original comic series a few years ago in a book club. That definitely helped. I also watched a few "Easter Egg/What you Missed" videos after each ep on YoutBut and it greatly helped me understand the deeper nuances of the story.
:beer::beer:

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
5 episodes in and I tried to explain the plot to my wife (who hasn't been watching, except just barely while she does other things) and she looked at me like I'd just dropped acid

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
36,204 Posts
5 episodes in and I tried to explain the plot to my wife (who hasn't been watching, except just barely while she does other things) and she looked at me like I'd just dropped acid
As I am freelance, from home, I watch a lot of tv "in the background" and this show is not something that fits that mold. Have to pay attention to all the details, lots of visual stuff happening.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts