VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Re: (UmaSs JeTtA)

rice? if its done right i bet it looks great. look at the new beetle, they have body colored interior trim. im more a fan of cf or brushed alum, but i have nothing but props for those who do something different themselves.
-eric

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Re: (VbmxW)

Quote, originally posted by VbmxW »

Satin Silver...... cost me less than $20 instead of $300 for aluminum. Still think painted trim is ricey?

that looks great!
i plan on doing that as well http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Re: (Seanele)

Its not hard at all. Take everything out and tape off the areas you dont want painted. Use red scotch brite pad or 400grit paper and just scuff it untill there is no shine left. Remove tape and wash everything off. Retape it where it was before, 3 coats of color, 2 of clear. Let dry and reinstall. Simple. Take your time and it will look good.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (JETTSET)

Quote, originally posted by JETTSET »
Rice Rice baby

Wow- some of you never cease to amaze me.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Re: who's got painted interior trim?? (bags)

I am currently having mine done. Most of the pieces are all at the body shop waiting to be sprayed Uni-Black with a hint of Pearl tone. Might sound kind of funny now, but just wait and see the pics. My car is black on black. I wanted to do a subtle change not too drastic.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: who's got painted interior trim?? (ArsinGTI)

Quote, originally posted by ArsinGTI »
I am currently having mine done. Most of the pieces are all at the body shop waiting to be sprayed Uni-Black with a hint of Pearl tone. Might sound kind of funny now, but just wait and see the pics. My car is black on black. I wanted to do a subtle change not too drastic.

You mean to tell me that you are <gasp> ricing your GTI up?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: (VbmxW)

question to you,
by painting clear coat over, doesn't it give a shiny look/effect? not sure if that's good for interior.
Just asking, because I am wondering should I ask my painter to do for my interior as well, since they will be doing for my whole car exterior http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.