VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

· Registered
706 Posts
Re: who's got the highest miles on their VR6? (uber_beetle)

I've got 160k... No big deal. I haven't had to replace any 'major' engine parts, but I'm saving up for timing chain, clutch, all kinds of other stuff...
Now that I said that, something bad is going to happen...

· Registered
239 Posts
Re: who's got the highest miles on their VR6? (Eric D)

I have 143k on my 95 VR6. I had 231k on my diesel benz. We had 387k on a 1988 Honda Accord LX-i when it was finally totaled and my mom's 1998 BMW 740 iL had 298k when it was totaled.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Re: who's got the highest miles on their VR6? (VRdublove)

i got 240,000 on mine the head was built but it still has stock block chains and a rado tranny and it pulls like a beast http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Ah... this is all very good news.
I do apologize if by answering me, any of you have now jinxed yourselves.

I've got 77k on an '01 GLX. I don't need to put many miles on it.. (it spends most of the week in the parking lot at my dorm) but it's just so darned much fun to drive.

's to you and best of luck with all of your dubs.

· Registered
1,869 Posts

150000 odd
Still runs great, although now winters here the damps starting to get at it, it started to idle abit funky tonight, but i always fully warm it up everyday, but i'm starting to struggle to afford to run it, it will be run once a week at weekends now because i can't afford the fuel, £1 per litre putting £10 doesnt get very far....
I did have a garage until it got filled with business junk, so the last 3 years it's been outside which has took it's toll on the paint work!

I did want to change the steering fluid and gearoil but i can't afford to do this..........

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Re: who's got the highest miles on their VR6? (vwjetta13)

Quote, originally posted by vwjetta13 »
man, ive seen a lot of these threads lately...i know someone has over 300K on their's....i only got 77K
give me another yr or two i only need 60,000mls and im there

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.