VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
post 1420 times my roomie was wondering whos got the quickets car in the PNW
oh ya if you don't know what 1420 is.. 5280 ft in a mile 1/4 of that is 1420 ft.. hense 1420 = 1/4 mile

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (GreenWeenie)

my lil 2.0 will smoke everybody
because ive been having engine trouble and it smokes all the time

[Modified by pdxvento, 11:21 AM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (GreenWeenie)

oops crap i'm tiard i'm dumb i've been up all night schisen!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
26,608 Posts
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (Hyper4mance2k)

AFAIK
The fastest VR6 is berndt's Wabbit running 12's
as for 2.0's Ed takes the cake easily over any other PNW 2.0....

·
Registered
1,559 Posts

The quickest car in the PNW probably belongs to Pat or Bucky Austin, unless there is a Top Fuel team located here that I don't know of... I think there cars are in the 5's...I guess when the NW Nationals are being held, the quickest car would be somewhere in the mid-4's...

Oh wait, you are talking VW's... So, are you talking H2O Cooled, Street driven, etc.?? There are many catagories... I am sure there are some pretty fast air-cooled drag cars here in the NW. But, I think you are talking about H2O cars...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (stock77)

water cooled vw street driven.......
and exact times would be nice

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (stock77)

those are actual race cars, we all know those are fast, but how long can you drive em, 6 seconds till they overheat and blow up killing everyone in a 200 yard radius??? ehhh?
lol

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (pdxvento)

ive seen bernarnd(sp?) and his rabbit i belive pull a 11.99 or was it a 12.99 im not sure and eddie as ran like mid 13's i dont remember exactly

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (tobigtohandle)

quote:[HR][/HR]I've seen a street driven bug run mid 10's at PIR before.[HR][/HR]​
there is a bug that does 9's, or was, not sure about it, a vw shop owner was telling me about a friend of his that set some record (not sure which one) with an a/c beetle, then he sold it shortly after

·
Registered
15,173 Posts
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (88Jetta)

He said watercooled, street-driven, guys.
I'm sure there are ones in the 12s, but I don't know the scene well enough to say there are watercoolers in the 11s.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (88Jetta)

I'd have to say Bernt's bunny, all motor in the 12's and probably eddie's (spooled_2ltr) in second with his awesome turbo 2l. Seen both in action, very sweet! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
love Berndt's plate too, L8R

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

The last Import Woodburn drags, I was very impressed with the Maroon 2 Dr Jetta A2. It was supercharged, I could here it pull up everytime at the burn-out pit. That whine was sweet. It probably was a Stage 4 G60 or something, but it looked very streetable and pulled consistant low 14's on 17's!
I think I its best was a 14.2. Very nice to who ever you are.
My best is a 14.5.
Hey K-FIZZEES SLCZ-
What do you plan to do to pull those times?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Re: Whos got the quickest car in the PNW (Lunitixx)

Hey Ryan, why don't you do a 2.0 16V in your Cabby? That way if its not fast enough, you could add a Turbo on top of that instead of doing a Turbo on your 8V than stopping there. Sorry, I just looked at your link. Nice car BTW, I especially like the interior....Recaro.....yummmy.
Check out www.futrellautowerks.com

·
Registered
3,161 Posts

Check the sig
Fully inflated street tires, full interior, pump gas- driven from the street to the starting line

1 - 20 of 39 Posts