VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Jetta and am installing the X box soon. I was just wondering if anyone has mounted it in their car. I'm looking for ideas on where to put it, and im thinking somewhere space efficient. Post pics or let me know where ya put it. thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: Whos got Xbox in their car ?? (NJaysJetta)

lol i could mabey think of a few space efficient places to mount an exbox in an xpedition; but as for a jetta, the trunk?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Whos got Xbox in their car ?? (kyleb)

sup kyle. Im thinking of making some nice custom room in my glove box. Im gonna talk to my local stereo guy, see what he thinks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
140 Posts

that would be pretty hard :\ the glove boxes in our cars r pretty small

·
Banned
2,158 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]sup kyle. Im thinking of making some nice custom room in my glove box. Im gonna talk to my local stereo guy, see what he thinks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
it definatley won't fit.
Unless you cut up the whole thing and make another one, but it will still be sticking out.
My suggestion is,
make a custom bracket under the rear seats, yes it will make it hard to change games/dvd's but when you look at it, it will be out of sight from the theives eyes.
you can also custom mount it vertically, in the middle, In front of the back seat, behind the front seats. right in the middle. that way you would have immediate access to it. You can also make a removable bracket for it. so when you're not using it, you can just clip it off and take it home.
I have also seen people put them under the front seats but that's just not a smart idea.
If you want something tottaly out there
get a PS2 with wireless controllers. wire it up in the trunk, on a custom rack and that will definatley win you some shows.
good luck.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Whos got Xbox in their car ?? (DanVR666)

quote:[HR][/HR]sup kyle. Im thinking of making some nice custom room in my glove box. Im gonna talk to my local stereo guy, see what he thinks. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
it definatley won't fit.
Unless you cut up the whole thing and make another one, but it will still be sticking out.
My suggestion is,
make a custom bracket under the rear seats, yes it will make it hard to change games/dvd's but when you look at it, it will be out of sight from the theives eyes.
you can also custom mount it vertically, in the middle, In front of the back seat, behind the front seats. right in the middle. that way you would have immediate access to it. You can also make a removable bracket for it. so when you're not using it, you can just clip it off and take it home.
I have also seen people put them under the front seats but that's just not a smart idea.
If you want something tottaly out there
get a PS2 with wireless controllers. wire it up in the trunk, on a custom rack and that will definatley win you some shows.
good luck.
[HR][/HR]​
Hmmm...Very good ideas. I dont think its gonna fit under the seat. Im sure Im gonna mount it somewhere custom, perhaps bracket it or make a lil case for it. I would go with the PS2, but I have the X box. Thanks tho http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
146 Posts

well a lil case isn't going do do very good for that giant thing called an xbox, defentaly won't fit under a seat. also i don't think they were ever intended to be run while monuted verticaly, it seems doing so would be asking for trouble. as for the glovebox, as mentioned above it is not nearly is big. if you were to tear out the whole dash and maybe ditch the airbag, ventalation system and mabey some other stuff you could get it to fit. if you do get something riged up, please post pics. i would realy like to see what you manage.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Whos got Xbox in their car ?? (kyleb)

quote:[HR][/HR]well a lil case isn't going do do very good for that giant thing called an xbox, defentaly won't fit under a seat. also i don't think they were ever intended to be run while monuted verticaly, it seems doing so would be asking for trouble. as for the glovebox, as mentioned above it is not nearly is big. if you were to tear out the whole dash and maybe ditch the airbag, ventalation system and mabey some other stuff you could get it to fit. if you do get something riged up, please post pics. i would realy like to see what you manage.[HR][/HR]​
I will..sometime next week when its all said and done

·
Registered
401 Posts
Re: Whos got Xbox in their car ?? (DanVR666)

A little off topic, but those Wireless controllers absolutely suck. I returned mine to Best Buy a few days after I bought it.
They're a novel idea, but the technology isn't there yet, save your money.
BTW, the XBOX will NOT fit under the seats, I tried, but my seat was basically crushing the XBOX. The PS2 fits perfectly there.

·
Registered
12,781 Posts
Re: Whos got Xbox in their car ?? (dubber337)

Why the hell would you put a video game system in your car? Just curious. Why not play it at home where you actually have time to sit down and enjoy a game. Are you going to walk out to your car every time you want to play a game? Again, I am just curious and am not intent on starting a flamefest. Just seems like a bit of a waste of a perfectly good XBox.

[Modified by vw86gti, 5:32 PM 12-11-2002]

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Re: Whos got Xbox in their car ?? (vw86gti)

It's just neat. No real reason. It's just fun and different. Like all the cool mods. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Or it keeps kids quiet on long trips. No more "are we there yet" when little jimmy is playing Grand Theft Auto!!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Whos got Xbox in their car ?? (vw86gti)

quote:[HR][/HR]Why the hell would you put a video game system in your car? Just curious. Why not play it at home where you actually have time to sit down and enjoy a game. Are you going to walk out to your car every time you want to play a game? Again, I am just curious and am not intent on starting a flamefest. Just seems like a bit of a waste of a perfectly good XBox.

[Modified by vw86gti, 5:32 PM 12-11-2002][HR][/HR]​
Plan on showing the car bud, thats all.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts

If ya dont have a child seat in the middle of the back seat, and you have the arm rests....install a PS2 or Xbox Sideways, set INTO the back of the arm rest. (After you pull the arm rest down.) Ive seen some great installs with PS2 put there, and its hidden if ya want it to be.
Not sure if an XBOX would fit there or not.
Id put my PS2 like that, but my sons car seat gets in the way.
I have all my wires hidden, and I put my PS2 on my back seat. That way I can take it inside the house when I want to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts