VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 245/35 p-zeros today... probably ordering the wider wheels for them next week.
so who else is running wide tires? i know danGSR is because his threads have helped me a lot.
im super excited and impatient....let me see you car (235 or above)! please add offset and wheel width too

since my old thread got bumped i'll add the install pic

Modified by BluMagic at 1:30 PM 7-16-2009

·
Registered
658 Posts
i'm running 235/40's on my stock 17 inch wheels. what a ridiculous difference in cornering capability with the larger contact patches! you will be pretty stoked once you take your favorite sweeper 10 mph faster for the first time.
i'll take some pictures tomorrow of my setup... but i do have to say you made a mistake with your tire choice. its all about the dunlop direzza star specs

Modified by rhouse181 at 6:53 PM 5-30-2009

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (rhouse181)

Quote, originally posted by rhouse181 »
i'm running 235/40's on my stock 17 inch wheels. what a ridiculous difference in cornering capability with the larger contact patches! you will be pretty stoked once you take your favorite sweeper 10 mph faster for the first time.
i'll take some pictures tomorrow of my setup... but i do have to say you made a mistake with your tire choice. its all about the dunlop direzza star specs

Modified by rhouse181 at 6:53 PM 5-30-2009

cool i wanna see your pics ...

i knew i'd get a comment or two about the tires...and i shoulda got star specs
my dad has the pzeros too though and they are pretty sticky but pretty quiet also.... if i was to ever autocross or track it for real i'd have 17's with star specs.
you have sways btw?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Re: (BluMagic)

Quote, originally posted by BluMagic »

if i was to ever autocross or track it for real i'd have 17's with star specs.
you have sways btw?

even for street use only, the star specs are looney... but the pzeros are certainly a nice tire too.
yea, i have an H&R 24mm rear bar set to full stiff and some 10mm spacers in the back. besides that, the rest of the suspension is stock...

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Re: whos running wide tires? 235 or greater (melvin3582)

Quote, originally posted by melvin3582 »
if it were "whos running 205s or smaller" this thread would be popin.

lmao^^^
I'm running 235/40's on my 18x8's... i believe my offset is 48, but i don't remember off the top of my head-
I don't have a good pic showing the difference... but i parked next to a GTI running 225's on huffs, and for some reason mine looked quite a bit wider

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (rhouse181)

Quote, originally posted by rhouse181 »
here is my setup...

and a little tricycle action:

Modified by rhouse181 at 12:49 PM 5-31-2009

this pic is awesome.... your setup looks great. i hope i can get to a track one day and learn some stuff.
Kylecrish...
whats the ET on your wheels? yours is about as far as i'd push out the front. and i want to make sure im safe.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Re: whos running wide tires? 235 or greater (BluMagic)

Im running 2..... 245/45r17's up front. does that count?
I havent officially "ran" them yet but Ive driven them around a bit with no rubbing.
Wont be fulling tested until I get my RSS kit on and get to the track.
Should help "some" with my wheel spin problem

1 - 20 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.