VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 245/35 p-zeros today... probably ordering the wider wheels for them next week.
so who else is running wide tires? i know danGSR is because his threads have helped me a lot.
im super excited and impatient....let me see you car (235 or above)! please add offset and wheel width too

since my old thread got bumped i'll add the install pic

Modified by BluMagic at 1:30 PM 7-16-2009

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (rhouse181)

Quote, originally posted by rhouse181 »
i'm running 235/40's on my stock 17 inch wheels. what a ridiculous difference in cornering capability with the larger contact patches! you will be pretty stoked once you take your favorite sweeper 10 mph faster for the first time.
i'll take some pictures tomorrow of my setup... but i do have to say you made a mistake with your tire choice. its all about the dunlop direzza star specs

Modified by rhouse181 at 6:53 PM 5-30-2009

cool i wanna see your pics ...

i knew i'd get a comment or two about the tires...and i shoulda got star specs
my dad has the pzeros too though and they are pretty sticky but pretty quiet also.... if i was to ever autocross or track it for real i'd have 17's with star specs.
you have sways btw?

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (rhouse181)

Quote, originally posted by rhouse181 »
here is my setup...

and a little tricycle action:

Modified by rhouse181 at 12:49 PM 5-31-2009

this pic is awesome.... your setup looks great. i hope i can get to a track one day and learn some stuff.
Kylecrish...
whats the ET on your wheels? yours is about as far as i'd push out the front. and i want to make sure im safe.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Re: whos running wide tires? 235 or greater (BluMagic)

thought i'd bring this thread back to see if ppl are still runnin em or some new people are

i switched to s drives the pirellis were sh*t

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Re: (Mike A.)

Quote, originally posted by Mike A. »
Hey BluMagic,
What size & offset wheel is that? Looks like 18". I've been shopping around for my new tire/wheel size. I have the stock 17" wheels on my GLI right now. I'm looking at going with 18"s and as wide of tire as I can manage. I would want them to be tucked under the car a bit more than what you have. Is that possible with a 245? Do you think less offset than what you have is possible with 245's? I'm also planning on going with coilovers and a bit lower than stock no too much though, just enough to eliminate the huge gap.
I don't care about being "slammed"...having "poke" or "stretch"...

mine are 18x9.... but you could prob tuck with a slightly thinner wheel @ ET45

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Re: (KyleCrish)

Quote, originally posted by KyleCrish »

what only 1 year can do to your opinion on what looks good.

& how much the internet influences you on how to spend your money.
I gave in too out of curiosity http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
i recommend people that live in places where it gets colder to have a couple sets of tires though.
otherwise its a waste of good sticky tires, cause they are not sticky in the cold... and you'll be spending a lot.
to buy, mount, and balance 4 all-season Toyos was $50 less than buying, mounting, and balancing 2 of my 245 Yokos and those are on the less expensive end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Re: (chaso)

Quote, originally posted by chaso »
will a stock gli on classix with eibach sportlines be able to run 245's?

Modified by chaso at 12:39 PM 3-2-2010

from page 1
Quote, originally posted by loudgli »
Im running 2..... 245/45r17's up front. does that count?
I havent officially "ran" them yet but Ive driven them around a bit with no rubbing.
Wont be fulling tested until I get my RSS kit on and get to the track.
Should help "some" with my wheel spin problem

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Re: (OmegaRed1723)

Quote, originally posted by OmegaRed1723 »
Quick question: How much trouble would I have using a 245/40/18 or 245/35/18 tire on an 18x8 ET 45 wheel (OEM B6 S4 wheel)? I'm running slightly lower on Bilstein PSS9 coilovers. I know pretty much anything is possible, but can this setup be accomplished without rolling the fenders or using camber plates?

245/35 and you won't have any probs... just take out the fender screw.
no fender mods required

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
all depends on the tire. but the basic physics are more contact patch = more friction = more noise = more vibration.
but i didn't notice much because my 225/40s were hankooks and they were pretty bad to begin with.
when i put the steelies on with the 205/55s its like a nice quiet cloud in comparison

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
i've ran p-zero rosso which i did not like at all... now i have yokohama s. drives which i like a lot (great wet/dry) .... we have a lot of standing water here in WA on the freeway and they do pretty well.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Re: (ENRGZR)

Quote, originally posted by ENRGZR »
Ok, how about this? 245 35 18 on 8.5in ET42. Car is on H&R touring cup kit.
Oh, and to Mr. L.A. try driving on roads that change shape with the temperature...

this is about as close as you'll get for an example.
18x9 et 45 on sport cup kit
sorry for the direct link but i have exceeded my bandwidth and i have to wait till the 15th when it resets
http://i43.photobucket.com/alb...2.jpg
EDIT: There are actually 20mm spacers in the rear ... so the back is actually ET25 but the front is ET45

Modified by BluMagic at 1:31 PM 3-12-2010

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Re: (Mike A.)

Quote, originally posted by Mike A. »
I'm kind of wondering if a 235 in something like a direzza star spec would be better performance than a 245/35 in what's available. There aren't as many choices..
Thoughts?

255/35 is betAR than all

and i doubt there is anything priced below $150... you might be able to find some weird brand on ebay or used... but its not really worth it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.