VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Re: whos running wide tires? 235 or greater (fletch555)

Quote, originally posted by fletch555 »
235/35/19 Nitto555. Not sure what the off set or the width of the rims are.

Modified by fletch555 at 7:16 PM 1-10-2010

Helios are 19*8.5, and offset is +45.

Modified by silverA4quattro at 9:37 AM 2-17-2010

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Re: (KyleCrish)

Quote, originally posted by KyleCrish »
im running 235/40/18's on an 8" wide wheel. lots of rubber, and im honestly amazed at the cornering difference with just tires. everything else on the car is stock.

what only 1 year can do to your opinion on what looks good.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Re: (KyleCrish)

Quote, originally posted by KyleCrish »

what only 1 year can do to your opinion on what looks good.

& how much the internet influences you on how to spend your money.
I gave in too out of curiosity http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
Re: (BluMagic)

Quote, originally posted by BluMagic »

& how much the internet influences you on how to spend your money.
I gave in too out of curiosity http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

oh trust me, its for the better. i just wish i still had those wheels, not the tires necessarily.
before

after

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Tires should always be the first upgrade. I love reading these threads about people getting their stage 3 kits, or other new power mods, and then they talk about their all season conti's...
It really boggles my mind that people upgrade the ONLY THING IN CONTACT WITH EARTH last in their list of upgrades... effin crazy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: (Outie5000)

Agreed...
My first concern is performance, 2nd is style/looks. As want as much rubber as I can get without drawing too much attention. Kind of like a 335i with sport package. It doesn't look like it's wearing ridiculous tires, then you see they are 255's. That's what I want. I'll be doing wheels, tires, springs or coilovers (not sure yet), and APR Stage 1 all at the same time. Should be a new car!

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
i recommend people that live in places where it gets colder to have a couple sets of tires though.
otherwise its a waste of good sticky tires, cause they are not sticky in the cold... and you'll be spending a lot.
to buy, mount, and balance 4 all-season Toyos was $50 less than buying, mounting, and balancing 2 of my 245 Yokos and those are on the less expensive end of the spectrum.

·
Registered
73 Posts

yeah, sticky tires are no fun in the snow and freezing temps. I'll be putting some Blizzaks on my stock 17" wheels for the winter. We get enough snow around here that serious performance tires in the winter are not a good idea...

·
Registered
3,719 Posts

to buy, mount, and balance 4 all-season Toyos was $50 less than buying, mounting, and balancing 2 of my 245 Yokos and those are on the less expensive end of the spectrum.

Yoko's are pretty pricey tires. You can pick up great tires for under 120 a piece, and even under 100 on tirerack sales. People tend to overlook kumho, Hankook, and other great summer tire makers because the cost is so low. But they make great tires and you can easily buy a set and a half for the cost of one set of less good tires.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: (Dan GSR)

It's like running 4 and 1/2 tires! Can those fit under a mkv without modifying the fenders, having them stick out from underneath the fenders, or having a ridiculous amount of camber?

·
Registered
89,584 Posts
Re: (curvedinfinity)

Quote, originally posted by curvedinfinity »
245/40 17" Direzza Z1s

I want some Z1s for my trip to Tail of The Dragon, but I haven't been getting any overtime lately.

·
Registered
89,584 Posts

i keep my toe in spec.

Exactly.
Everyone is always under the impression that a little big of negative camber will kill tires, when really it's the toe that makes all the difference.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Re: (PSU)

Quote, originally posted by PSU »

I want some Z1s for my trip to Tail of The Dragon, but I haven't been getting any overtime lately.

why not get some kumho XS's?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Quote, originally posted by sharons03jetta »

Not my ride but the wheels are 10.5" with tire size of 295 (no offense for using the pics sharons03jetta)

Modified by GrkPranksta69 at 5:09 PM 2-17-2010

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Re: (chaso)

Quote, originally posted by chaso »
will a stock gli on classix with eibach sportlines be able to run 245's?

Modified by chaso at 12:39 PM 3-2-2010

from page 1
Quote, originally posted by loudgli »
Im running 2..... 245/45r17's up front. does that count?
I havent officially "ran" them yet but Ive driven them around a bit with no rubbing.
Wont be fulling tested until I get my RSS kit on and get to the track.
Should help "some" with my wheel spin problem

41 - 60 of 142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.